Need upgrade advice - breaking parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSPOT

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I upgraded my T Maxx engine to the 3.3 and got it tuned perfect (finally). Problem I'm running into now is I keep breaking the axle's inside half shafts (Traxxas part# 4951X). Is there an upgraded/tougher part out there? Pics included to show where they're failing.

Attachments

• 15830893427205345401636420099509.jpg
    15830893427205345401636420099509.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 106
Arg. Exactly what I was worried about. Too much engine for the stock drive components and the drive shafts were just the first failing component. Time to start saving up...

Appreciate the insight and advice.

@BobP : I tried the Integy aluminum shocks on the rig I mentioned above and bent a shaft on it on level ground and it made me swear off ALL Integy parts.

@BobP : I tried the Integy aluminum shocks on the rig I mentioned above and bent a shaft on it on level ground and it made me swear off ALL Integy parts.
That's been the rule for many years. Pretty, yes, but that doesn't make for a solid upgrade. With Integy we swear AT them, THEN we swear them off.

Could look into converting the wheels/hubs/diffs to 3.3 maxx. I believe they are made similar to the revo axles/diffs now and they hold up fine to quite a bit of power.

I run 2 nitro revos, one with an LRP28S3 in it and another with a 21TM in it. Both use stock plastic outer sliders, stock diffs, the LRP one runs stock plastic center axles and the 21TM has MIP centers (were on it when I got it used). I keep an eye on them as the yokes tend to wear over time and when I see excess stretching, I replace them as needed, which these days, isn't very often as I don't drive nitro much. Even when I did, I didn't have to mess with them much for a year at a time.

I did find that they now have diff cups with metal insert for the x-pin which fit without the i-bar the e-revo v1 had, so I bought a couple of those to have on hand when it comes time to replace a diff.

I haven't had that bad of an experience with them. It is good to know that other people are having problems with them so that know what to look for. If you don't like Intergy what brand do you think works better. And I'm not talking about axles I know the X Duty is the best there is. That's why I'm here so I can learn from y'all's experience so I appreciate the input

I haven't had that bad of an experience with them. It is good to know that other people are having problems with them so that know what to look for. If you don't like Intergy what brand do you think works better. And I'm not talking about axles I know the X Duty is the best there is. That's why I'm here so I can learn from y'all's experience so I appreciate the input
Depends on what your looking for. A lot of the good t-maxx alloy part makers dried up. Now we are stuck with what remains. Some are still good, just not as many.

m2c makes good stuff.
FastLaneMachine isn't bad.

There are others for electric truck parts like justbashit, voltage rc, Scorched Parts RC, GKA, etc.

Hot racing is hit or miss.
GPM has become more miss than hit.

Integy is fine if it's not something that sticks out, like arms, towers, wheelie bars. Usually ok for structural stuff that you don't take apart that often and rely on their threaded screw holes. A couple parts I still buy from them are rockers for the revo suspension and rear axle carriers for the savage line.

As far as axles are concerned, MIP X-Duties have held up for me on my stampede 4x4 vxl. I know many have had good luck with Tekno. Not sure what they have for the t-maxx/revo series though.