Need suggestions on truck roller/kit to replace the one I just built.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigZing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I just finished the build of a ZD racing 9116 I bought from banggood to run with my kids other Chinese 1/10 trucks. It was insanely fast and ridiculous...at 40 mph I could punch it and it would flip right over. Before I even ran through the first battery I cartwheeled it through my yard and broke both rear lower suspension arms. Looked online to see if I could find some aluminum ones but no luck. I can get the parts to fix it for less than $10 but don't see how this won't be a regular occurrence. Probably over built it. Has hobbywing max 8 brushless 2200kv combo in it. Looking for suggestions for a good rolling chassis or kit to replace it that will take some abuse. I know anything I get is going to break but hopefully something that will break less and have easier replacement part availability.

Attachments

• 20210130_125032.jpg
    20210130_125032.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210130_125041.jpg
    20210130_125041.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20210130_125100.jpg
    20210130_125100.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 58
So I just finished the build of a ZD racing 9116 I bought from banggood to run with my kids other Chinese 1/10 trucks. It was insanely fast and ridiculous...at 40 mph I could punch it and it would flip right over. Before I even ran through the first battery I cartwheeled it through my yard and broke both rear lower suspension arms. Looked online to see if I could find some aluminum ones but no luck. I can get the parts to fix it for less than $10 but don't see how this won't be a regular occurrence. Probably over built it. Has hobbywing max 8 brushless 2200kv combo in it. Looking for suggestions for a good rolling chassis or kit to replace it that will take some abuse. I know anything I get is going to break but hopefully something that will break less and have easier replacement part availability.
It all depends on where you live, but, look into the DHK Hobby stuff. I have several DHK vehicles, including two 3S Hunter SCT's, and, even in snow and cold, i havent broke anything yet, and, even if you need spare parts, which are only available on eBay and RC Hobby Explosion (in the states anyway), if you get them from RHE, they are usually at your door in 3 or 4 days. Parts are super cheap if you do need them, but even running at a concrete skate part, i havent broke even a bumper, let alone anything else, and i bought both of mine used on eBay. I also have a Wolf 2 buggy (i did snap the wing mount right below the wing on it, so i am upgrading it to a Raz-R V1 wing mount), and an original Raz-R V1, and i have found that parts are interchangeable between most of the cars, depending on if it is 1/10TH (Raz-R 2, Wolf 2, Cage-R Crosse), or 1/8TH (Hunter, Maximus, Zombie). The 1/8TH line is infinetely more durable than their 1/10TH line, but both can take some serious abuse. The easiest ones to find are the Hunter and the Maximus. I stumbled onto DHK after buying a Granite 4X4 Mega and a BLX Senton, and had several issues with them, and was just looking, like you, for a cheap, durable roller to swap parts to.

It all depends on where you live, but, look into the DHK Hobby stuff. I have several DHK vehicles, including two 3S Hunter SCT's, and, even in snow and cold, i havent broke anything yet, and, even if you need spare parts, which are only available on eBay and RC Hobby Explosion (in the states anyway), if you get them from RHE, they are usually at your door in 3 or 4 days. Parts are super cheap if you do need them, but even running at a concrete skate part, i havent broke even a bumper, let alone anything else, and i bought both of mine used on eBay. I also have a Wolf 2 buggy (i did snap the wing mount right below the wing on it, so i am upgrading it to a Raz-R V1 wing mount), and an original Raz-R V1, and i have found that parts are interchangeable between most of the cars, depending on if it is 1/10TH (Raz-R 2, Wolf 2, Cage-R Crosse), or 1/8TH (Hunter, Maximus, Zombie). The 1/8TH line is infinetely more durable than their 1/10TH line, but both can take some serious abuse. The easiest ones to find are the Hunter and the Maximus. I stumbled onto DHK after buying a Granite 4X4 Mega and a BLX Senton, and had several issues with them, and was just looking, like you, for a cheap, durable roller to swap parts to.
I appreciate the info...gonna start looking at DHK.

Thanks biggman100...seems quiet here...I bought a Tekno MT410 and some upgrade parts and have totally spent so much more than I expected getting back into this hobby lol.

Back