Need someone who can identify this RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4l3xromeo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
First of all I would like to say hello to all of the guys here since i am a new member. So...
My cousin passed away last year from a motorcycle accident so my uncle gave me some time ago a old dusty box that was under my cousins bed. Inside there were a bunch of his stuff and a rc nitro car. I would like to know what kind of car is it and what do i need to get it running. Also what specs does it have ?

1r45rm.jpg

316aekz.jpg

k46ud1.jpg

xnsrpt.jpg

Not sure on the model someone else may know more on that one but to get it running easiest thing to do is to first put batteries in remote and car and see if the electronics are functioning properly. Then check your glow plug make sure its good do this by putting it in an ignitor and seeing if it glows red put back in. Put some fuel in it plug the exhaust with your finger pull it a few times to prime put ignitor on and see if you can get it to crank then tune if it does may have to look up motor specs and set needles back to factory

that looks familiar but i can't place it

oh and dont let rolex see that he will have a fit or a heart attack from the dust

Looks like an OFNA 1/8 scale on-road of some sort. It's definitely older.

I recently downloaded every manual of theirs to figure out what exactly my buggy was that I bought a month or so ago off ebay. Was a pain... will check and see if I still have them all, but I think once I figured it out, I deleted them all but the one that matched mine.

Can you take a straight top down shot of it like this?
OFNAUltraLX-TopNoEngine01.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure on the model someone else may know more on that one but to get it running easiest thing to do is to first put batteries in remote and car and see if the electronics are functioning properly. Then check your glow plug make sure its good do this by putting it in an ignitor and seeing if it glows red put back in. Put some fuel in it plug the exhaust with your finger pull it a few times to prime put ignitor on and see if you can get it to crank then tune if it does may have to look up motor specs and set needles back to factory

^^^ I would put batteries in and test electronics, but do not try to start that engine, it has been sitting too long I would goto a local hobby shop if there is one, and get some nitro cleaner for the engine and the car. clean the engine inside and out, if its seized try some wd-40. once you see the inside of the engine and your sure that its clean (and no rust), then replace all the fuel tubing, and wash out your tank with some fresh nitro. only then would I start the engine. I'm sure i'm missing something, but someone else will chime in soon enough :)

Deffinetely an older ofna

transmited from a mobile communications device

Last edited: