need some pipe / tire info.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 steppen

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
K guys, I was looken at a pipe for my firestorm, and i was wondering if the pipe would give me any power gain, or if its just the head?

Also i cannot find this info anywere, what is the size of a hpi fireestorm hex for the rim, also where is a cheap place for rims/tires.?

K guys, I was looken at a pipe for my firestorm, and i was wondering if the pipe would give me any power gain, or if its just the head?

Also i cannot find this info anywere, what is the size of a hpi fireestorm hex for the rim, also where is a cheap place for rims/tires.?

The HPI Firestorm wheels have a 12mm hex. Any wheels with a 12mm hex will work. Axial makes some pretty cool looking wheels, as does Proline and HPI..

Yes it is. I am terrible with links haha. I need to start copying and pasting! ;)

K, thank you all, just one other question,.

Will a pipe give me power gains? or is it just the head?

If you get a good pipe, obviously one thats better than what you have, you will notice an increase in performance gain.

A decent set of tires and a good pipe will give your Firestorm a bit of an edge :D

Pick right pipe for what you want. they have pipes 4 bottom end mid range and top end all depends on your wants. I like jammin jp1 or jp2 for mid jp3 for top end and they all rock jp3 i get about almost 15 min a tank thats in my 1/8 kyosho gt