Need some phone geeks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
My cousin just bought an LG Phoenix 4 from Walmart and needs to know if it can be used by any other company other than AT&T. He needs it for on line access but can't or won't use Frontier which is the AT&T carrier in his area of upstate Connecticut. I have the same phone so I can explain things to him while looking at mine. He's TOTALLY electronically illiterate and close to a thousand miles from me.

at and t only that s all dont see any other sim cards working but they might...only thing i see for phone is prepaids by a t & t

Is it unlocked? I'm sorry, my phone is 13 years old, and I wanted to try to help.
He already bought it, is it a matter of opening the box? Maybe contact the service provider to see if the features you want to use from that phone are supported by the provider.
Mine has rotary dial.

If it's an unlocked phone he should have no problem. You just have to put the sim card in it. If it's locked to att he is screwed.

Except for Cameron.
tenor.gif

He can use any mvno service that works with att.
If he doesn't want to use att service directly.Tracfone + many others prepaid services will work no problem.

he can use the phone as a hotspot just needs a plan that will cover that .. its easy to do also..

only if he jail breaks his phone ...so untill then no...if this was the UK id say yes just go grab a burnable sim card..The ones they sell all over for Use americans

If he bought the phone outright, he should be able to get AT&T to unlock it if it is locked. AT&T and T-Mobile both use the same type of phones and can work on the other's network. Sprint might work as well now that T-Mobile owns them. I know that T-mobile allows data tethering to their phones. They usually allow 10-20 gb of hotspot data.

Back