Need some Alpine or smaxxin advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-MILLER

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Is there any paperwork required to sell a gun in louisiana??

I have heard nothing is required but the seller can do a bill of sale if they want.

Also you have to be 21 to purchase a pistol from a dealer but can own one at 18? is that right. just going off of what i have read online.

Also looking to pick up something this weekend from the gun & knife show any recommandations? Preferabbly handguns but maybe a rifle.

There is no paperwork "legally required" but it's always a good thing make up a bill of sale with all of your and his/her information on it. People say that you can be 18 to purchase a handgun in a private sale, but I've never read anything about that from the ATF.

As for purchasing one, what do you want to use it for? Defense, daily carry, target shooting..... Etc. How much do you plan on shootin it? How much do you know about guns in general.

Basically been looking at glocks alot,I also like a couple of the springfields. I want something that will last for years to come. I'm not sure of the exact model i will get until i see how each feels in my hands. I plan on shooting it very often. I live in the country so finding somewhere to shoot it will not be a problem. I'm pretty familiar with guns and have shot everthing from a 10 gauge to a .45. This will be my first pistol purchase tho.

I was asking about the laws and paperwork for my younger brother. He is only 19 and was asking me about it and i didn't have much of a clue.

I also plan on looking for a rueger 22 rifle while I'm there. It seems they are the ultimate fun gun. The possums and stray cat thats been tearing up my trash better watch out.lol

If you want reliability, I'd stick with glock. The spring fields are nice, but IMO don't hold up as well as a gen 3 glock. The more I've played with a gen4, the more I'm not a fan. To shoot a lot, I'd stay with the 9mm. Good defensive round, still fun to shoot with not as much "snap" as a .40 or the .45 and much much cheaper to shoot.

. To shoot a lot, I'd stay with the 9mm. Good defensive round, still fun to shoot with not as much "snap" as a .40 or the .45 and much much cheaper to shoot.

Amen to that. After about 150 rounds of .45 my hands were killing me. Not mention being 65 bucks "thinner" in the wallet.

Yea. Used to qualify shooting over 1200 rds in one day of .223, 12ga, .45, .40, 9mm, and .380. Lol. Makes for a really really sore day after.

Back