Need shock advice for Arrma typhon 3s

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evildoublez

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
HI, so the front shocks on my Typhon 3s blx are completely shot after multiple hard landings from flying acrobatics at the local skate park. I'm just wondering if all 1/8 scale shocks are interchangeable or will I have to buy proprietary shocks specific to this particular make and model? Also, I just bought a new Talion 6s and I'm wondering if the spur gears are compatible between the two models?
Thanks in advance!

HI, so the front shocks on my Typhon 3s blx are completely shot after multiple hard landings from flying acrobatics at the local skate park. I'm just wondering if all 1/8 scale shocks are interchangeable or will I have to buy proprietary shocks specific to this particular make and model? Also, I just bought a new Talion 6s and I'm wondering if the spur gears are compatible between the two models?
Thanks in advance!
Unfortunately the Typhon is unique. Some of the parts at the ends are universal among the 1/8 scale Arrmas but the rod and the cylinder are unique to Typhon. If you kept the OM you can verify and pull the part numbers or go online and check out the Parts List. The spur gears are fine, but check the input gears on front and rear diff. I have a Typhon, Outcast, Notorious and Kraton, but no Talion. The Typhons input gear is unique from the other rigs.
Hope this was helpful.

HI, so the front shocks on my Typhon 3s blx are completely shot after multiple hard landings from flying acrobatics at the local skate park. I'm just wondering if all 1/8 scale shocks are interchangeable or will I have to buy proprietary shocks specific to this particular make and model?
Hi the only shocks that works with the 3s BLX line up is the 6s Typhon shocks.

Hi the only shocks that works with the 3s BLX line up is the 6s Typhon shocks.
False. There are actually a plethora of shocks that "work" with the Arrma 3s BLX platform. But the 6s Typhon shocks are currently the best option.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

Arrma Mega 4x4, BLX 3s and BLX 4s shocks.

• Stock front shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 100mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Mega and BLX 3s are 115mm eye to eye.
First and foremost as of the writing of this section of this thread the best option for these vehicles are shocks off of the Arrma Typhon 6s. The best place to source these is from JennysRC.
For the Arrma Typhon shocks you will need something to take up the slack in the upper mount most use either steel balls out of shock rod ends or nitro fuel line.

A lot of people have used these shocks with great results. They are HSP Front 81003 and HSP Rear 81002 shocks.
These will also require either the steel balls or nitro fuel line to take up the space in the upper mount.

Big Bore eBay shocks. Alse need either shock rod ends or fuel line in the top.
Trackstar Shocks. Springs that come with these are rather stiff and should be swapped out to whichever spring of your choice. And again will need steel balls or nitro fuel line.
Basher Sabertooth shocks.

Back