Need new motor? Motor help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Went out with my slash today. I replaced the motor with the stock one once I believe. Made a not so good sound. Still have the titan motor. The motor lasted for 2 years so that is good. I know that the titans aren't known for reliability.
Next for slash: New motor, will replace it with another titan 12t, aluminum bell crank.
Rustler: Still waiting for the steering links

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTaeDj-jOfi/?utm_medium=copy_link

Went out with my slash today. I replaced the motor with the stock one once I believe. Made a not so good sound. Still have the titan motor. The motor lasted for 2 years so that is good. I know that the titans aren't known for reliability.
Next for slash: New motor, will replace it with another titan 12t, aluminum bell crank.
Rustler: Still waiting for the steering links

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTaeDj-jOfi/?utm_medium=copy_link
Oh man bud 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ you know you could upgrade it to brushless. Traxxas has the trade up program. You could take that 12T and trade it for the VXL. You still running stock esc?

"Traxxas Power-Up Program | Traxxas" https://traxxas.com/powerup

Oh man bud 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ you know you could upgrade it to brushless. Traxxas has the trade up program. You could take that 12T and trade it for the VXL. You still running stock esc?

I still have the stock esc. XL5. I am still going to replace it with an titan brushed. My uncle doesn't want me to go lipo yet. Our next car will be a 2wd stampede vxl. I will run nimh batteries on it, but it will be ready for Lipo in the future. Also the VXL esc and motor is $200. By going for the power up program we are saving about $70. Still expensive. Idk if the motor is done. I saw some hacks. Brake cleaner, wd40, or water can clean the motor out. I might try to put wd40 in it. If it makes the sound again I will get a new motor.

I still have the stock esc. XL5. I am still going to replace it with an titan brushed. My uncle doesn't want me to go lipo yet. Our next car will be a 2wd stampede vxl. I will run nimh batteries on it, but it will be ready for Lipo in the future. Also the VXL esc and motor is $200. By going for the power up program we are saving about $70. Still expensive. Idk if the motor is done. I saw some hacks. Brake cleaner, wd40, or water can clean the motor out. I might try to put wd40 in it. If it makes the sound again I will get a new motor.
Hold on buddy don't just start spraying WD40 into your motor vents
What type of sound is it maken squealing or clicking .. or doesn't work

Last edited:

Most hobby shops allow also, instead of shipping it. Another company that does is ae, with any brand to swap for theirs.

The titan, compressed air inside, and some 3in1 on the bushings is what I did.

Does your uncle have a air compressor? Or do you have a can of compressed air? I would start with that get. Try to get as most of the crap dirt dust and grim out.. use to run the brushed in distilled water back when I was your age. Then a few drops of oil on the bushings or bearings..which is made for electric motors..
Most hobby shops allow also, instead of shipping it. Another company that does is ae, with any brand to swap for theirs.

Oh you got me again "baka" 🤣🤣 Yeah definitely doesn't want to start spraying WD40 into it. Like he David said he saw a "hack" do it...

Does your uncle have a air compressor? Or do you have a can of compressed air? I would start with that get. Try to get as most of the crap dirt dust and grim out.. use to run the brushed in distilled water back when I was your age. Then a few drops of oil on the bushings or bearings..which is made for electric motors..

Oh you got me again "baka" 🤣🤣 Yeah definitely doesn't want to start spraying WD40 into it. Like he David said he saw a "hack" do it...
I do have a can of compressed air. I will buy some distilled water and oil. I did try to get all of the dirt out. Also cleaned up the area where the motor sits.
Hold on buddy don't just start spraying WD40 into your motor vents
What type of sound is it maken squealing or clicking .. or doesn't work
Makes more of a squealing noise

I do have a can of compressed air. I will buy some distilled water and oil. I did try to get all of the dirt out. Also cleaned up the area where the motor sits.
Whats it doing? What sound is it making? Does it turn?
I do have a can of compressed air. I will buy some distilled water and oil. I did try to get all of the dirt out. Also cleaned up the area where the motor sits
You can use a electric cleaner..WD40 will leave a film on everything.. and basically destroy any motor you have left

You can use IPA 99% alcohol to wash it out. You can actually fire it up in a bowl of it and wash debris out of it.
Both of these are good suggestions. If you do put any water in it make sure you completely blow dry it otherwise you could rust up the insides

Back