Need more acceleration!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candy_Man

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I need some more acceleration for my revo i run a small track and need it any suggestions and anybody know if that quick turn drive shaft is worth the money?

Why don't you change your gearing?

The quick turn drive shaft will not get you any acceleration. It frees the truck up in the tight turns by only braking the rear wheels and allowing the fronts to free wheel through the turn. R U bashing or racing? Go with the close ratio gearing.

I'm racing so give me a list for what i need to make my revo a beast I'm running the o.s. tz motor

You could get a lower tooth bell clutch that will help with acceleration.

you can also get some smaller tires(smaller then stock) like bowties and that will help with acceleration also. the talon tire is taller.

The clutch bell and spur will work fine for you as well as FOC (forward only conversion). You lose reverse but don't need (can't use) it racing but it reduces the weight of the truck more than you would think and also reduces the amount of rotational mass inside the tranny for much added punch. Going with Response tires mounted on Hurricane rims will lose a TON of weight and rotational mass as well. Single steering servo gets you weight loss and better handling. HTH.

i got the foc are the rims made by proline, who makes the response tires

FOC
Close ratio gears for trans.
16 tooth clutch bell
36 tooth spur gear
bowtie 40's
should give you alittle more punch then you can top it off with an extended chasis to handle the additional power of the TZ18.

As much power as that engine has and u want more acceleration. What kind of pipe and header r u using. I think it is the longer the header is the faster top end it has and the shorter the header is the faster the acceleration. Something like that.

I'm running the stock pipe and the hpi header

Traxxas makes the Response tires, but if you are using Proline wheels you might as well go with Bowties. I know you have to trim the tire slightly when using Proline tires on Traxxas wheels so the Response tire for a 3.8 might be a little too big for a 40 series wheel. You can cut down the header on a stock 2.5 and it will get you a little umph, not sure if that works with the engine/header/pipe combo your running. BTW, don't take this the wrong way, but what the hell are you racing against? Truggies??? A stock Revo in the appropriate class does quite well. A modded Revo in the right class does really well. From the mods your looking to do and what you want out of the truck, it just seems like your trying to race outside of the class you should be racing in. If you setup with the recommendations that have been made here already you should womp most of the trucks you'd be running against unless your in some sort on Unlimited Class.

umm on our track we race everything i whoop everyone except the guy with tthe mugen mbx5 and i want my truck to at least keep up with him plus i dont get the shifts i need when i come out of the corners barley hitting second on our straight away its not a real big track so acceleration is the key plus you hardly ever hit 40 on a dirt track anyway

Roneye said:
FOC
Close ratio gears for trans.
16 tooth clutch bell
36 tooth spur gear
bowtie 40's
should give you alittle more punch then you can top it off with an extended chasis to handle the additional power of the TZ18.

I think you went the wrong way with you CB and spur. Stock is a 15t CB and 38t spur so a 14-40 would give the most acceleration. I would think that that combination would be way too low for that engine though. It would probably flip on its lid every time you gassed it. :2cents:

when i put this close gear ratio in it. will i have to most likely richen the engine casue it will be running at higher rpms?

Just do one at a time. we just put the close ratio in on my friends and it will flip on its lid if you gas it from a dead stop, with the stock 2.5r.

Back