Need help with Associated RC83.2 assembly

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu west

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to mount the sway bar mounts onto the A arm.
The instructions say to use a shock pin and a set screw but I don't see where to use the set screw.

I'm not very familiar with that kit but from what I'm seeing of the parts themselves the collar circled in red is the only place I'm aware of for a grub screw and the ball link circled in green should be held in place by a screw through a spot in the a-arm. Like how the bottom of the shock is. Hope this helps.

s-l1600.jpg

The set screw fastens into the notch of the shock pin to prevent the pin from coming out, there should be a hole in the arm to feed the set screw into
1677365901220.png

I saw that as the only solution but it looked like a lame way of doing things.Especially because the set screw seems to be too far away from the shock pin to do anything. I guess the plastic bulges out just far enough for it to work but again, seems like a lame way of doing things. A simple screw through the A arm seems like the way to go. I wonder why they did this? Anyway, thanks for the help.

This is fairly standard across the industry, never had a pin come out, and never have to remove those pins when swapping out sway bars so it's a moot point after it's installed unless you break an arm.

Good info to know. I've not really ran sway bars on much of anything except an old OFNA buggy which just uses a screw rather than a shock pin and my Hotbodies D817 which apparently does use the shock pin but since I didnt build the kit and I've never had to remove the sway bars, I was unaware thats how most swaybar kits are. :)

Back