Need help problem with electrics on nitro car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyda337

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi i'm new to the furom so hope i have posted this in the right place.

I have a mg10 mt3 its my first rc nitro truck so I'm new to it, i have had the truck for just under a year and never had any problems with it and it gets used atleast 3 to 4 times a week well anyway ill get to the point lol.

Last time i took it out it was running perfect, the engine was running and sounding nice the batteries was ok then all of a sudden the reciever flashed and beeped saying the batteries are low 10 seconds later the car revved up and went into a tree, i ran to the truck and cut it out straight away by putting fingers over exhaust while it was still high revving. drained the fuel out which was half a tank left then went home. brought some AA duracell plus batteries put them in today cause i was planning on taking the truck out for a spin, the reciever is working fine but the electrics on the truck aren't doing anything at all not even the electric noise u get when u turn the switch on. i've looked at the servo and all the wiring and can't seem to find a problem so i was wondering if anyone out there could help me out on what the problem could be.

Thanks in advanced :)

um try unplugin the conectors and spray them with wd40 and put them bak in and try it if not put new bratterys in the trasmiter

Check for full power in your radio. If that's not it, open the receiver and see if the antenna wire has been pulled from the board.
Plug the battery pack into the Rx while bypassing the switch.
Maybe the switch was on. Replace the Rx batts and check again.

i think the electrics on the truck have got a bit damp, the remote is working fine and showing that its got fulll power but the truck has no power at all even with brand new battreries, if i took the wiring apart and left them to dry would they start working again or would i need to replace the servos and switch?

You may have damaged the receiver. They really don't like water. I would suggest trying a different receiver and as soon as you can afford it a good NiMH receiver pack.

ok thanks :) i'll try that out and see what happens