Need Help Nitro Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJHaiGuy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought an rc nitro buggy used from a location add site. Wanted to get into nitro cars. The guy I bought the buggy from says it’s a Losi but when I went to the local hobby shop, they think it’s a Team Associated RC10 or RC10GT2? The chassis looks like it but the front shock towers are different from the factory RC10/RC10GT2. Trying to get parts for the shock tower cause I just broke it. Also I shredded the bell gears. Couldn’t find the bell gears that looks even close to it. It has a longer neck than usual.

Please help!

9C5C8527-1748-4D8E-8BF0-2BA83E97DEDE.jpeg
18466F88-10F8-4BA3-BC57-93E57A9F1D22.jpeg
61852BF1-E22C-4803-A279-21FDAC24A96A.jpeg

@DJHaiGuy I don't believe this to be an RC10 or a RC10GT2.

It reminds me of a Duratrax, but I can't place exactly which one yet.

@DJHaiGuy that is a Duratrax Nitro evader ST. You have a losi spur gear on a Standard crank engine, typically this car came with a Pilot shaft style crankshaft engine, which had a spacer behind the flywheel (also known as a "small flywheel"). that bell is weird length to make up for the engine not having the spacer.

that spur may be difficult to find, these evaders are the same chassis (transmission is different) as the Team Losi XXT, so you may finding one of those clutchbells and see if its the same style.

hope that helps

EDIT: That clutchbell came off a Losi 10-T

Last edited:
@D3MON wins the prize!
haha i get a cookie? :D

Side note: i am very curious what spur gear they have mounted up to that thing, no one made a steel spur gear for these things that I've ever heard about. wonder if they they made a RC10GT spur gear fit on it. (they are pretty similar, just needs a few modifications.)
got pretty lucky though spurs for these are getting hard to find :confused:

@DJHaiGuy that is a Duratrax Nitro evader ST. You have a losi spur gear on a Standard crank engine, typically this car came with a Pilot shaft style crankshaft engine, which had a spacer behind the flywheel (also known as a "small flywheel"). that bell is weird length to make up for the engine not having the spacer.

that spur may be difficult to find, these evaders are the same chassis (transmission is different) as the Team Losi XXT, so you may finding one of those clutchbells and see if its the same style.

hope that helps

EDIT: That clutchbell came off a Losi 10-T

Cool, I found the front shock tower so thank u for that. Now still looking for the clutch bell. Found a couple simulator.

Thanks for the response ?

I am not sure if that is even the right spur gear ,it looks altered ,an someone has installed a metal spur ,
that's why the bell gear stripped ,it is not common for the bell gear to strip like that!....So ,I would look out
for that!....:thumbs-up:

Here is the stock one ,you can compare them ,an see the original spur & bell gear!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-Durat...824921?hash=item3d9101e299:g:hUcAAOSwz~ZdTdE3
@DJHaiGuy i can also take some more close up pictures of my evaders as well if it will be helpful to you. only problem is, unless you get a new engine with the Pilot shaft style crank, stock won't really help out your situation.
the stock clutchbells are 32 Pitch and typically come stock with 15 teeth, (buggy is 17 tooth because the smaller tires).
its kind of funny because I'm in the opposite predicament, the engines i have are the Pilot Style Crank, and i am needing the Standard style crank type engine. because the of the "small flywheel" the clutchbell is pushed too far out and will impact the spur gears.

hope you find one to get you rolling!

Cool, I found the front shock tower so thank u for that. Now still looking for the clutch bell. Found a couple simulator.

Thanks for the response ?
found this, i have never ordered through this store though, so proceed at your own risk.
http://www.ultimatehobbies.com.au/losi-pinion-gear-10-t.html
might be worth giving them a call first to confirm they actually have it.
you are looking for part numbers:
Losb3370 (clutcbell only)
Losb3348 (pinion/CB gear only)

Really ,you do need to inspect everything ,including the internals of the trans. ,an the clutch shoes ,that is
not normal wear!
Something had seriously went wrong somewhere with the tranny ,so you need to inspect it before you start buying
parts ,chances are ,if the trans melted down to the point of seizer ,to cause the bell gear to strip like that ,then something
jammed up in the trans. ,if so ,then you need to find out if you can even find those tranny parts before you waist your
money on the other parts!...:cool: