Need help!!..My RC car Wont Start!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twiztid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok Heres the thing i just bought an hpi rs4 Rally sport Rc nitro car..i bought it second hand off of someone on craigslist (We actualy traded for something else i had)but this is my first RC nitro car and i can't get it started..the kid said it hasn't been ran in awhile So i went to the closest hobbytown and bought the things it needed..(Just fuel and A glow plug ignitor)..so i bought all of that and a new Glow plug..The guy had hobby town said there should be no reason it shouldn't start.he said it had good compression.ok heres the thing it seems i can get it to sputter sometimes and other times it will start up and INSTANTLY shut off..guy at hobby town also suggested i clean the carbs said they look dirty so i did that..Still nothing..the one time it did start it QUICKLY! took off and just stalled..(i think the Slide for the Carbs is open a bit i have to adjust that...But any Things you's got for me to help me and in getting this started...glow plug is brand new and heats up well..I think its in the Carbs..But does anyone have anything for me to set these carbs to so i can get it started at least??i dont know what else to do,.!!!

You need to tune your engine: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60832
Some carbs/ cars come with factory default settings that are usually a good starting point.

ok now i seem to be getting it started easier..but it REVs and wants to just GO!! how do i adjust it that the Slide or whatever isnt stuck open..i was just trying and can't seem to figure it out when it does start it just Takes off and then stalls..

Ok yea i can seem to get it started now but it just Revs and wants to take off..How do i correct this???

??anyone???Why does it just rev and Wanna take off?What would i have to adjust

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWr9jVIQC8&feature=channel"]Engine tuning theory[/ame]

Watch this video it should help you

Do you have airbubbles in your fuel line?

Still having the Same problem..i can Not fix this Problem here is a video of what its doing..it does it with both the car turned off and on... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CziDzQ6qbJ8"]YouTube- DSCI0002[/ame] No idea what to do

If you have to prime the fuel every time to start it... sounds like the fuel is not getting through... or air in the line as someone already suggested!!

You need to get your linkages adjusted before you even think about starting the car. The barrel should sit at the idle position with your finger off of the trigger. Fully opened, but not over-extending anything when squeezed, and the brakes should engage when you push back on the trigger. If the barrel is at the idle position(1-1.5mm gap) and the engine is revving out of control, you have a serious air leak.