Need help finding 1/10 th scale 13" wheels.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbhm

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get to my work bench for months but that should be changing. In the meantime I have been come up with the idea for my next project. Several years ago I completely rebuilt a 50's airstream bambi. It was to be used as an executive meeting room but ended up being a very expensive garden shed. My plan is to build a 1/10th scale trailer to pull behind my crawler. I have access to the original for all my dimensions and have been working on my aluminum panels but haven't been able to find the wheels tires build the chassis. They were 13" but 14" are a common upgrade. I would like to be able to find a complete axle and springs but everything I am finding is to big. Thanks for any help, John.

The closest you are going to get more than likely is 1.55 wheels. Where are you located? Can you post some pics of your actual wheels? I could possibly design and 3d print some for you. But finding the tires will be the difficult bit unless you have those 3d printed as well.

The closest you are going to get more than likely is 1.55 wheels. Where are you located? Can you post some pics of your actual wheels? I could possibly design and 3d print some for you. But finding the tires will be the difficult bit unless you have those 3d printed as well.
Besides those, rc4wd had a 1.3 michelin tires on the 1/14 construction trailer.

https://store.rc4wd.com/Semi-Truck-and-Trailer_c_153.html

https://rc4wd.com/go/rc4wd-tire-finder/

If those dont work, lesu and rc4wd make rc forklifts and trailers.

13 " 1/10 scale nothing like that in the 1/10 scale line. now is this outside diameter or rim size?. maybe a hardware store a wheel barrow wheel...

13 " 1/10 scale nothing like that in the 1/10 scale line. now is this outside diameter or rim size?. maybe a hardware store a wheel barrow wheel...
I'm thinking he meant the original wheels on the 1:1 trailer were 13 or 14 inches? That would probably make more sense.

so 1.3 to 1.4 " rims in 1/10 scale sounds more like 1/18 scale had some shores on a 1/12 scale .

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I found something that will work. They are 1/12th scale 1.3" that resemble generic stamped steel wheels with tires. Thanks again , I was stuck on 1/10th scale and was going in circles and not getting anywhere.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I found something that will work. They are 1/12th scale 1.3" that resemble generic stamped steel wheels with tires. Thanks again , I was stuck on 1/10th scale and was going in circles and not getting anywhere.
Can you share what you found?

Know anybody with a 3d printer? I have printed lots of wheels. It's not hard. I printed these for 1/16 scale.
received_195817118330942.jpeg

My kids have a couple of 3d printers and will try that route next but am going to look at these first. Painted with chrome center caps the wheels should have the perfect look its the tire that I am unsure of but will see how they turn out.

Back