Need HELP!!!... And FAST

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csmillsny

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently brought a FS Racing Monster truck, but I don't know what parts are compatible with it? I was told that MCD and FG parts would fit it, but I would hate to order parts that won't fit properly! ( I know I shouldn't have gotten an off-brand truck, but it was too tempting to pass up...at the time!) Please help, with whatever tips/advice/info that you can offer. Also, the front wheels turn, but not the rear! What could that be?----( By the way, I'm a newby to all this, but have a passion for 1/5 scale trucks!):\

Sounds like a driveshaft came loose or the rear diff is blown. I've only read bad things about these vehicles, so best of luck. Remember to use locktite on any screw that threads into metal. A proper shimming on both diffs should add to their longevity.

Thanks! Now only thing I have to do is read up on what the diff is and what it does! ;) by the way, what upgrades do you recommend? And/or links to places where I might be able to find parts/upgrades.

Ok. Now let me ask this... Should I just buy a new truck for $600, then simply use my other truck for spare parts? I think I might come out better by doing that because I won't have to waste time waiting on parts. Of cousre they won't be upgraded but they will work simply as replacements...(Sorry, but I've never been too patient!)

By the way, what do you (you meaning anyone) think of this? http://www.vvtecracing.com/Gas-Off-Road/F150-Big-Foot-2WD/
Yeah, it's 2WD but it seems like a good enough deal. I'll only be using it for bashing at the park.
So is this a decent deal for my needs? http://stores.channeladvisor.com/he... Racing Gas Powered 30cc 4WD RC Monster Truck. Again, all feedback is welcome and well appreciated!!!