need advise on RC kits to buy for my brother and I

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamforce

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, Dan here! I figured i would let you guys decide for me on ur finished products (PLANE) and have some fun over a weekend. Since we are both pretty busy with work, I think we need a Medium complcated build. We are not novices, but certainly ARE NOT EXPERTS like you guys. Looking for a kit one person can build in about 28 hours to build from start to finish! Meaning, two weeks, two hours a night kinda thing. That way , we can both compare notes each day, and eventually share our builds on thanksgiving holiday kind of thing!! Make sense? It would be nice to find a mid class kit, where we dont have to glue each rib for the wings, and where pins and large space is needed. I'm looking to spend about 200 bucks per kit. Any and all suggestions are super appreciated!! we do like a challenge, but again, please nothing that we encountered years ago, built in a year, and crashed in the first 3 minutes :)

Dan
Handy Dan Services
sorry for my grammer and spelling mistakes. to add. I'm hoping for kits that have All that is needed, including motors, (Electic, or Gas) and possibly remotes. I guess we could always share a remote if not included. Anyway, hoping you guys might have a couple suggestions. we are very able with our build skills, just not interested in winning awards or anything like that. Just wanna have something to do with my brother, and have a little fun.

Last edited:
If ur looking for a cheap fun build I recommend foam board planes there easy to build depending on how insane u want to get and u can build them for under 100 bucks if u have a spectrum controller 4 Chanel but 3 will work just no alorons you tube it they have little mother's and u can crash them and glue them back together or rebuild the whole thing for under 30 bucks once u have electronics and servos have fun

If ur looking for a cheap fun build I recommend foam board planes there easy to build depending on how insane u want to get and u can build them for under 100 bucks if u have a spectrum controller 4 Chanel but 3 will work just no alorons you tube it they have little mother's and u can crash them and glue them back together or rebuild the whole thing for under 30 bucks once u have electronics and servos have fun
hey!! thank you so much for the advice! that's exactly the info I was looking for! are these three examples on this thread the ones you recomend? or the company you are referring to? I personally would like a little work involved in assembly!, just not what I used to go through when I was young!

dan
is there a specific kit company that you recommend in the "foam board" or foam wing category?

dan

No if u look on you tube they will show u how to build them just get some foam board from Walmart and the rest is up to ur imagination go simple or as complex as u want

No if u look on you tube they will show u how to build them just get some foam board from Walmart and the rest is up to ur imagination go simple or as complex as u want
Ah!!!! ok gotcha!!!! thank you!! I'm going to you tube tonight!!!

dan

Cool good luck me and my kids really enjoyed building them and it thought them to fly for cheap now we try to see who can take out the other guy last plane in air wins enjoy

Cool good luck me and my kids really enjoyed building them and it thought them to fly for cheap now we try to see who can take out the other guy last plane in air wins enjoy
Ha!!! that's awesome!!!

Every year, there is a huge airplane demolition derby. They post the vids on YT.

I have been meaning to scratch build an rc pterodactyl out of foam for a while now. I have sketched the basic design but still have to work out the fine details. The last several years with covid looming over everything really screwed up my hobby time. I really would like to get back to that project, maybe after the first of the year. 🤔

Ha!!! that's awesome!!!
Flight test is the place to check out... they have complete foam board kits to build and interchangeable power kits all the electronics go from one model to another in the series.

Flight test is the place to check out... they have complete foam board kits to build and interchangeable power kits all the electronics go from one model to another in the series.
Flight Test!! thank you!! I will research that :) exactly! I would like something interchangeable and easy, but with still some down/shop time!!

dan

I have been meaning to scratch build an rc pterodactyl out of foam for a while now. I have sketched the basic design but still have to work out the fine details. The last several years with covid looming over everything really screwed up my hobby time. I really would like to get back to that project, maybe after the first of the year. 🤔
looks like its time to get it out and finish it!

Back