Need advice on Tiny RC Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thierry

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to get this tiny Buggy running again, here are my questions.

The battery seems to be done and I can't find any that look like that on the internet. Apparently it's a 2.4 v 95 mah battery. ( see picture below)

The antenna snapped, so from what I understand that would impact the range since it's a 27 mhz system. I found a replacment wire online but it's sold with a transmitter and reveicer. I was wondering if I can just get a wire a the hardware store and use that instead. ( see picture and link)

27MHZ Fernbedienung Platine + Fernbedienung, RC Ersatz Teile|Teile & Zubehör| - AliExpress

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

do you have entire antenna piece? a wire gauge will tell you exact size of wire diameter or micrometer. Sorry I can remember the exact length those where. and single strand wire will work as long as the entire length is correct,.I've seen batteries that size before the mah can be more. There used to be pictures of batteries before on google. I looked but could not find, you can see in pic by op the batteries are connected in series. those are not caps ..id mark wires b4 desoldering bat to keep polarity correct masking tape and a pen work

This is the type of cap I was thinking of. The inline ones. My dad used to have hundreds of different capacitors (tv repairman for awhile). I remember one day he had me sort through them all, along with a billion resistors, diodes, etc.
NV3dZ.jpg

do you have entire antenna piece? a wire gauge will tell you exact size of wire diameter or micrometer. Sorry I can remember the exact length those where. and single strand wire will work as long as the entire length is correct,.I've seen batteries that size before the mah can be more. There used to be pictures of batteries before on google. I looked but could not find, you can see in pic by op the batteries are connected in series. those are not caps ..id mark wires b4 desoldering bat to keep polarity correct masking tape and a pen work
Thank you I guess that I could measure the length of the wire. Yes my google searches weren’t successfull either. But maybe I’ll find something that fits even if it looks different
This is the type of cap I was thinking of. The inline ones. My dad used to have hundreds of different capacitors (tv repairman for awhile). I remember one day he had me sort through them all, along with a billion resistors, diodes, etc.
View attachment 149766
Thank you I just can’t seem to find the right size, voltage and mah but I also know nothing about capacitors so first I’ll do some research on that

If it was me I would jump on bangood and get a ESC reciver combo
Pull out all the stock stuff and wire into the motor it will most likely be a two pole motor
But that all depends on the servo in there

If it was me I would jump on bangood and get a ESC reciver combo
Pull out all the stock stuff and wire into the motor it will most likely be a two pole motor
But that all depends on the servo in there
I thought about that too since it doesn’t have proportional steering I could find something. There just isn’t a lot of space to work with

I thought about that too since it doesn’t have proportional steering I could find something. There just isn’t a lot of space to work with
I'll see if I can find what I was looking at the other day but I saw a kit to build 1/50th scale rock bouncer

About the size of a hot wheels monster truck
Am sure they had all the electrics listed separately and mini 2s lipos for it
It wasn't cheap for the kit mind about 150usd

I'll see if I can find what I was looking at the other day but I saw a kit to build 1/50th scale rock bouncer

Thank you, the only down side of replacing the receiver/transmitter combo is that I can’t use the boost button I had on the old transmitter, which made driving this buggy so much fun. Between the servo and the motor I have the space of my thumb for electronics so it would have to be a really small unit

Those are batteries, possibly 1/4aaa. A quick google search turns those up in the 80mah range, so that sounds about right.

If you can put together a new pack with 1/3aaa cells, you'll double your capacity.

Thank you, the only down side of replacing the receiver/transmitter combo is that I can’t use the boost button I had on the old transmitter, which made driving this buggy so much fun. Between the servo and the motor I have the space of my thumb for electronics so it would have to be a really small unit
Thank you very much. The battery seems a bit too large but I found some 80mah ones and they should fit. I also contaced the company and they are looking if they have replacement parts in their storage. Thank you very much for the commitment!!
Those are batteries, possibly 1/4aaa. A quick google search turns those up in the 80mah range, so that sounds about right.

If you can put together a new pack with 1/3aaa cells, you'll double your capacity.
Thank you, I have a bit of space restriction but I found some 80mah batteries and they should do the trick!

Might be easier to help if you showed a few complete photo's of the buggy/layout with something like a quarter next to it for size reference.

I had a hard time shoehorning a brushed esc/receiver into the battery bay of my losi micro-dt, but I got it to fit. Then I velcro a small 2s lipo on the top. It used to be a micro-t, then I converted to a micro high roller, then to a desert truck. Goofy little thing to run around the house and irritate the cats once in a while. It was good until I shorted out the esc/receiver combo it came with. It was a brushed or brushless/2.4ghz combo board that also had a 5-pin and 3-pin servo plug. A lot of crap crammed into a single board.

Probably has more room than you do though:
2021-0210-MicroT-Generic20AmpBrushedESC-installedNoCover.jpg

2021-0210-MicroT-Generic20AmpBrushedESC-installedMotorSide.jpg

Might be easier to help if you showed a few complete photo's of the buggy/layout with something like a quarter next to it for size reference.

I had a hard time shoehorning a brushed esc/receiver into the battery bay of my losi micro-dt, but I got it to fit. Then I velcro a small 2s lipo on the top. It used to be a micro-t, then I converted to a micro high roller, then to a desert truck. Goofy little thing to run around the house and irritate the cats once in a while. It was good until I shorted out the esc/receiver combo it came with. It was a brushed or brushless/2.4ghz combo board that also had a 5-pin and 3-pin servo plug. A lot of crap crammed into a single board.

Probably has more room than you do though:
2021-0210-MicroT-Generic20AmpBrushedESC-installedNoCover.jpg

2021-0210-MicroT-Generic20AmpBrushedESC-installedMotorSide.jpg
Losi micros are really cool, I thought about getting one but that is not for now.

The space I have to work on is even smaller I think. (see pictures)

I know what battery I need to get, so I'll see if I can solder the antenna back together or just get the same wire and make a new one after measuring.

Then it should be running again.
IMG_3125.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg