Need advice on Radios

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolfe

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have about 10 cars, 6 of which I use a lot and I need to get out of am and into FM. I want advice as to what to get that is RELIABLE and can bind to multiple receivers (one controller for all my cars). I want to know from experienced people (anyone that has an issue free transmitter). Have had many drop out issues from FM in the past.

What's your budget? How many channels do you need?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2 channel but I want reliability. Around $150-$250 then I will buy the extra receivers

For your budget look at a Spektrum set up. I'm using a low end Spektrum DX3c on several cars with no issues.

I have a spektrum dx3 and it dropped out at full throttle. I got it with a second hand car so it may have been dropped or something. Will be hard to trust an other one. It is a sickening feeling when your car rips off uncontrollable for a second. Luckily it came back.:eek:

If you lost signal and the rc kept going you have a problem! Do you have the failsafe program on? Which rc did you have a runaway with?

Have a look at the Spektrum DX3C. It has a 20 model memory and lots of nice features. This transmitter works perfectly with the Hobbyking GR300 micro receiver and at only $9.99 each, it is easy to afford extra receivers for all your vehicles.

It ran off on the hong nor. When it drops out it just freezes like a power drop out. Only happens for a second or two but that is a long way at top speed. Maybe I just need to replace the receiver.

Do you use a receiver pack or 4 AA batteries on the car?

Battery pack

At what price good controller start at. I have seen a good "looking" one for $67 but that price sounds a bit scary (low) to me.

The Spektrum setup mentioned earlier is about $100 with a receiver.

It looks like the spektrum dx3 is the way to go. Thanks everyone :)