Need a new radio...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I'm looking for some input on a new radio system. I'd like one I can use with my Savage and one with a Micro RS4 that I also plan on buying.

What would you guys recommend?

-WoodiE

How much do you want to spend?

Modulation - FM? PCM? HRS?

Does it need to be able to accommodate left handed?

Do you want crystaless?

Give me some more info, Ill make a few suggestions.

Also, any particular brand your interested in? Futaba, Hitec, JR etc...

:stupid:
If you don't learn how to properly ask a question we will have no choice but to ban you. :devious:

Ban the "edited out due to being in public!"

lololol

-xmas-

Last edited:
I'd like to spend no more then $250-300

Modulation - FM works for me. I dont care if its crystaless or not. It doesn't need to accommodate anything other then my poor driving ability. Nor do i have a certain brand I'd like to go with.

-WoodiE

ps. Eddy has now been deleted from the site. :D

If you don't need ton's of fancy options, you might want to look at the mx-3 from Airtronics. It is priced right, FM, will hold 5 models, has all the important features you need and none you don't, especially if you are not a racer!

If you drop another 100 you can have a Cadilac of Radios! The new Futaba 3pk! It comes with an HRS TX and RX but is not crystaless. Either way, you can buy the Module from hitec that allows you to just 'dial in' your frequency. The only downside it the cost of receivers. Technically, you only need one RX, but would need to switch from car to car as needed. I didnt like the switching RX idea and now have 5 of them! At 90$ a piece it adds up!!!!

Anyhow, another option would be the HiTec Lynx 3d. They have a combo kit that is the TX, RX and Synth module for around 280$. This is EVERYTHING you need!!!!

Ill find the combo kit.

www.HiTecRCD.com will have it listed there as well.

-Chris

i just bought the lynx 3d system for 255.00 with the xxtra rx...eliminates all crystals and and allows you to use all 75 mhz freq....it also comes with rechargeable tx batteries and charger.....dsc...best bang for the buck imo.

I agree with mjanwo that is what I got and I love it. Only problem is you can't get a am module for it. That the only thing the m8 has over it. I would recommend the hole enchilada.
lynx 3d with synth tx and rx You can get this whole setup from stormer for 270 or ebay for 260. Also you can run what ever rx you want with it as long as its fm. so you can get another novak synth or just get another hitec fm with crystals if you dont want to drop the change. X

See! Told you it was good!

Hoogamondlergoombydogba

the m8 may offer am...but thats going backwards if your using top of the line equipment....x....i got that 300.00 system for 255.00 off ebay.

Last edited:
I like my M8
Seeing as how I can't drive I thought I would get the radio that has won 90% of all RC races in the last year.
Lots of features and it is easy to use.

Back