Need a little help...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crunkvilletx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey everyone,

Well I have an hpi evo+ and I just finished my first gallon so I decided to take it all apart and do a deep cleaning. I also installed new cvd's all around. I got the car all back together and it's spotless :). Well my question is now when it's sitting on a table it doesn't roll so freely like it used 2. I can pick it up and turn the wheel with my finger and all four spin like usual but I feel a little resistance. Do you think it's the new cvd's just needing to b used a little? When I start it up it runs just like it used 2 if not better but I just wanted to see if it was anything I need to fix.

:banana-mario:

It could be the CVDs. Did you put center CVD's or just the front and rear drive axles? Since you did a complete tear-down, just double check that everything is back in alignment. By that I mean check to make sure the diffs and center diff are comfortably in their mounts and not rubbing or anything. Check the brake to make sure it's not over tightened at rest. And the clutch. That can also add resistance.

I did install all 6 cvd's including the center ones. It could b the break because I think I did tighten it pretty tight.