My xxxnt is going crazy!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

typhkc

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok... I start it up and it runs just fine....Thats until i start bashing around a litttle bit. Then the steering servo starts making noise and the steering goes crazy. Left to right real fast, it kinda shakes! Also before i installed the fail safe the throttle would open all the way. Whats wrong? Is something shorting out in the steering servo?? The radio box on the car is ok ,i think, i took it apart and installed the fail safe. It was dry and the antenna wire was oK..

take the failsafe off and see if it works good, then check batteries, then get new servos

first things first, reset the failsafe

It was doing this before i ever installed the fail safe! Like today i turned it on, engine not running, and i could steer properly. Thats until i picked it up and through it on the ground, like i would have jumped it, and the steering went all to the right and stuck, until i turned it off. so......what this mean?

Sound like you might have a toasted servo or a bad connection somewhere in the electrics.

I got water in one of my servos and it did the same thing. Very inconsitent. It would work for a little bit, the twitch itself to death, then lock to one side. Normally with the engine running though. I think the extra vibration put it over the edge.

You could try taking it out and take the servo apart and dry it out. But with all the effort it takes to replace that servo on the xxx-nt, i would buy a new one and put it in just to avoid the hastle again. Keep the old one for parts or try to fix it after the fact.

Thats what i was thinking. Thanks!

I used the jr z590m as a replacement and it hasn't let me down yet. It's relativly cheap (around $40) and has sufficient torque and speed for the nt.

Just put a balloon over it before you put it in. It doens't hurt to put the balloon on regardless of where you drive. Just insurance.

do you have any metal to metal contacts? like header and pipe? sounds like glitching to me. Also will do that a little if you have the glow ignitor on too.

Back