My winter project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I just orderd my winter project. I should have it in a week or so.

chris.jpg

This sleek beauty is a triple ****pit version of a Chris-Craft Barrel Back.

The Boat is 40-1/2 in. long with a beam of 10-3/4 in..

The kit has a double-planked hull, chrome-plated deck fittings and running hardware.

Originally posted by FastEddy
I just orderd my winter project. I should have it in a week or so.

chris.jpg

This sleek beauty is a triple ****pit version of a Chris-Craft Barrel Back.

The Boat is 40-1/2 in. long with a beam of 10-3/4 in..

The kit has a double-planked hull, chrome-plated deck fittings and running hardware.
Now that looks like fun. Remember, you put the fun in dysFUNctional!

I either seen that boat in an Elvis or Monroe movie. NICE LOOKIN! Got your work cutout for you there.

can't wait to see the splash vids....

-Chris

WOW! I have a great uncle up on Lake Champlain that has a 1:1 scale sized one. Not sure the exact model but it looks very similar to that kit. It is SWEET!

I’m in the process of researching building techniques, tools and 1:1 photos.
From some responses I have gotten from other boat molders I can expect to spend 100-200 hours on this project. This should help me settle in for the winter season if not longer.

I’m going to try and chronicle my project so everyone can get a good chuckle.

Originally posted by FastEddy
GOVERNMENT WARNING:
The Surgeon General has determined that there is nothing wrong with "Smoking The Competition".
Cool beans sig!!!

That looks like a real nice boat,are you making it rc or display??? And how much did it cost you???

What kind of motor and batteries go in it??? Do you know what the run times will be???

Originally posted by Hunter
What kind of motor and batteries go in it??? Do you know what the run times will be???

It comes with a 10,000 rpm 6v motor. I have no idea of the runtime. I have been told it runs well on a 7.2v stick.
Time will tell.

What does your tug run on?

Two 3000 stick packs, I get about 30 to 40 min run time. I think it comes down to how fast your running.

I was going to get a Tug until I found this Chris Craft. On one of the websites I read that the electric tugs get up to 50 lbs and can tow a full size boat.

Which one do you have?

I have a liberty tug. The one your talking about uses a small car battery for power. Iv seen them in the park, they can run all day. My tug is only about 22in long, so its not quite as big or heavy.

Golden Gate Park, I use to go there when my wife worked out there.

Back