My txt-1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Here's a little breakdown on my txt-1. Everyone seems interested in it so I thought I'd give a rundown. It has Stock chassis plates stock plastic upper plates aluminum body posts upgraded aluminum shocks in front and stock traxxas rustler shocks in rear as they are stiffer and corrected the torque twist laser cut aluminum skid plates front and rear aluminum servo mounts upgraded steering links aluminum axle braces aluminum bumpers and mounts brushless motor with stock pinion ball bearings in transmission and replaced all bushings with bearings I have an aluminum battery strap from tamiya and my stock txt-1 body is on a shelf. I like the trx-4 land rover body on it. It still has stock spare tire hidden by the cover. The original tires were replaced with jconcepts golden year tires. I have my clod buster now so I may switch tires back to stock. I'm on the look out for aluminum rod ends and anything else I can get my hands on to finish it. I want the aluminum axle housings and transmission case for sure. I'll also be looking for metal gears for transmission and axles. I'll update as I find parts. That's why this became a shelf queen. Lack of parts
20210703_105739.jpg
20210703_105752.jpg
20210703_105620.jpg
20210703_105645.jpg

Nice build man. Definitely can see that it sits as a shelf queen. LOL the webs add Nice touch to the queens shocks 😲🤣

Nice build man. Definitely can see that it sits as a shelf queen. LOL the webs add Nice touch to the queens shocks 😲🤣
I thought so. It goes with the name I'm thinking of............ the widow maker........ if I keep buying parts my wife will be a widow because she'll kill me lol 🤣

I thought so. It goes with the name I'm thinking of............ the widow maker........ if I keep buying parts my wife will be a widow because she'll kill me lol 🤣
Oh man that's so true. My wife always wants to kill me. When packages show up everywhere. All I get is " more parts really" they will never understand the madness that we call RC

Oh man that's so true. My wife always wants to kill me. When packages show up everywhere. All I get is " more parts really" they will never understand the madness that we call RC
No truer statement has been uttered my friend
I'm rigth there with you guys. My wife just rolls her eyes. She can't say too much though, shes got enough shoes and purses to outfit the queen of England lol

I'm rigth there with you guys. My wife just rolls her eyes. She can't say too much though, shes got enough shoes and purses to outfit the queen of England lol
OMG that is so true. But that's OK to them. The RCs are just silly little toys to them. That they will never understand the passion/addiction that we have to them. I always tell her there are alot worse things I could be addicted too. Be glad it's just silly little cars. All though I probably spend more $$$ on RCs then I did on stupid shut yts ago 😆🤣😂

All day yesterday all I got is. "Jeez don't any of us have better things to do then talk about RCs all day" because phone just kept chiming from the posts hahahhaha

I simply replied NOPE!!! RC all day every day baby 😆🤣😂

I'm one of the lucky ones, all I have to do is sit in the house and get on her nerves. OMG go buy some parts and leave me alone... :D
In all honesty, she loves it when I have a box full of parts so it's never been a problem to order a bunch.

I'm one of the lucky ones, all I have to do is sit in the house and get on her nerves. OMG go buy some parts and leave me alone... :D
LOL!!! that sounds like my wife on the weekends. When I'm home. Your so annoying go in the garage or out side leave me alone. Lol I think they are all the same in some way or another

I agree guys she has her moments of wanting to kill me but overall she actually has fun with me. She let's me buy my parts and get my toys fixed and I let her buy whatever her current obsession is at the moment. We do a lot of compromise and bargaining bit we are both happy. She loves to drive but not wrench so ill "accidentally " make sure something breaks so I can get an upgrade part I've been wanting 🤣

I've been really fortunate in the supportive spouse dept. She knows I won't spend more than we can afford, she often asks if I need or want to buy something. I haven't been able to convince her to get one of her own yet though.

Oh everything is in reason I work hard and sure you all do as well about give and take with the boss happy wife happy life 😁

Back