my traxxas slash 4x4 keeps cutting out after a bit of driving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oli mullahy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My traxxas slash 4x4 will drive fine for a couple of minutes an then suddenly stop working. It is using a gool rc 4300kv motor, 60a esc and a 5200 mah 3s lipo. I don't think it could be overheating as both the motor and esc have a fan and when it stops neither of them feel hot. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

its thermalling.it is over heating a 4300kv motor is not meant for 3 cells 2 max go down to a lower kv with 3 cells..3500kv max.

Thank you for your reply. I'll go and have a look at this now.

Like TNT said. It could be over heating the motor and/or ESC. Check the temp and see if its hot when it's cutting out. Let it cool and see if it starts working.

4300k on 3 cell will always thermal no matter how its geared.. drop motor kv down and rum your 3 cell if you must

My traxxas slash 4x4 will drive fine for a couple of minutes an then suddenly stop working. It is using a gool rc 4300kv motor, 60a esc and a 5200 mah 3s lipo. I don't think it could be overheating as both the motor and esc have a fan and when it stops neither of them feel hot. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
60a ESC isn’t enough , if it even is 60a
Gool rc motor aren’t particularly efficient
They draw a lot of current, I've used several in but I’d suggest buying an max6 ESC then you’ll either burn the motor out or puff your Lipo .
nothing is for free what you gain one way you loose another Try Using 2400kv Motor with a 17t pinion the Max a Slash can hold I think.
the torque should give you back your speed
If it gets hot drop Down a Tooth .
I've ran my Slash 4x4 with a cheap 3300kv Gool rc Motor with a Hobbywing Max10 ESC on 4s just for a Laugh . It’s bloody quick

Drop the pinion gear down to the lowest one you can use and then work up 2 teeth @ a time. Then the Kv motor.

Back