My Traxxas Nitro Rustler wont start I need help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairDoos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey,

I've got this Traxxas nitro Rustler that i havent used in quite a while actually because it broken quite a while back and I've only just come to fix it thing is i know nothing about them I've forgotton everything!

I'm trying to start it up using the Ez start and it says the glow plug is fine battery is charged then i press the button to start it up and nothing happensits like it wants to start up but it doesent also my mate stupidly enough kept screwing with the idle screw so i dont know what to do witht hat now any help much appreciated!

Thanks

I'd take off the air filter and get the idle gap back to 1mm. How old is the fuel you are using?

I'd take off the air filter and get the idle gap back to 1mm. How old is the fuel you are using?

The fuel is over half a year old now ha but its been sealed fully for quite some time would you recommend getting more?

Thanks for you help!

EDIT: I just took my airfilter off and I'm not to sure what you mean by putting the idle gap back to 1mm I've adjusted the idle screw but its making nothing happen?

Last edited:
Your fuel may still be good, but new fuel is better.
The idle gap is .7-1.0 mm for that engine I think, so you should see a slight gap where the slide doesn't close all the way. I would disconnect your throttle linkage and gently press the end of the carb to close it and see where it stops. If it is too wide, turn your idle screw counter clockwise. If it is closed all the way, turn the idle screw clockwise until it opens to 1 mm.
You aren't talking about the low speed needle screw are you?
---------

http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/tuning25/tuning25_imgs/carb.jpg

This is what your carb should look like without the air filter. The idle gap is small but its there.

Last edited:
Your fuel may still be good, but new fuel is better.
The idle gap is .7-1.0 mm for that engine I think, so you should see a slight gap where the slide doesn't close all the way. I would disconnect your throttle linkage and gently press the end of the carb to close it and see where it stops. If it is too wide, turn your idle screw counter clockwise. If it is closed all the way, turn the idle screw clockwise until it opens to 1 mm.
You aren't talking about the low speed needle screw are you?
---------

http://www.traxxas.com/support/pub/tuning25/tuning25_imgs/carb.jpg

This is what your carb should look like without the air filter. The idle gap is small but its there.

I've done it :D Thanks for the help! I'm so happy i could get it running again :D Its a bit smokey from the exhaust though is that because its not been run in ages or do i need to adjust an idle screw? I'm no good with these things ha