My Traxxas Collection mostly Slash models

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CC1999

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share some of my latest collection pic's.
It is always a work in progress.

Here are some of my latest showcase/collection wall pic's.

Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 1_.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 2_.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 3_.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 3_.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 8_.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 7_.JPG
TRAXXAS COLLECTION WALL PIC 11.JPG
Traxxas_collection_wall_pics 6_.JPG

I think that I see a bare spot!.....:hehe:

Thanks

Give me a week or two, I will have that problem taken care of. LOL
I need to cut, paint and install some more shelves to fill in some of those nasty gaps. LOL
I already have the trucks ready to go up there. LOL

Thanks

Give me a week or two, I will have that problem taken care of. LOL
I need to cut, paint and install some more shelves to fill in some of those nasty gaps. LOL
I already have the trucks ready to go up there. LOL

I love that Snap on truck!

After I seen your collection I bought this used through a private individual ,but the stock suspension
was kaw ca!

An after my touch ,by adding better springs ,an a different body an painting the wheels.
I do have a full set of the red wheels if I want to put it back to stock!

Here some pic's of my best ones, most rare, and/or favorites, these are on display in my office.
I really get a kick out of the excitement people have when coming into my office sometimes they come in just to look at the RCs. LOL
Been a great conversation starter.

Traxxas office collection pic 1.JPG
Traxxas office collection pic 2.JPG
Traxxas office collection pic 3.JPG
Traxxas office collection pic 5.JPG
Traxxas office collection pic 4.JPG

My all time Favorite is the Rob Mac Mopar Trucks.
As if anyone couldn't tell from the 5 on the garage wall seen in the pic's earlier. LOL
These are very hard to find these days. Especially ones in good shape.

IMG_4872.JPG

Last edited:
I love that Snap on truck!

After I seen your collection I bought this used through a private individual ,but the stock suspension
was kaw ca!

An after my touch ,by adding better springs ,an a different body an painting the wheels.
I do have a full set of the red wheels if I want to put it back to stock!

Nice, looks like you have it fixed up and looking great.

I bought quite a few of mine used, especially the older ones.
I have spent many, many hours tracking down the best bodies putting them back together etc to look new as possible. What is really tough these days is finding the original white letter tires that came on some of the older cars.

Here some pic's of my best ones, most rare, and/or favorites, these are on display in my office.
I really get a kick out of the excitement people have when coming into my office sometimes they come in just to look at the RCs. LOL
Been a great conversation starter.

View attachment 94751View attachment 94752View attachment 94753View attachment 94755View attachment 94754

My all time Favorite is the Rob Mac Mopar Trucks.
As if anyone couldn't tell from the 5 on the garage wall seen in the pic's earlier. LOL
These are very hard to find these days. Especially ones in good shape.

IMG_4872.JPG

Awsome collection ,Those must be your favorite ,an didn't know that Traxxas put out the different colored an
versions!
As soon as I seen yours ,I went an bought mine as I didn't have one in my collection!

Thanks !
Yea there is quite a few different versions of the slash over the past couple decades.
The most rare are the promotional cars they put together for other companies like Snap-on tools, NAPA, Kawasaki, Honda, Polaris, Monster Energy, etc. etc.

I wish there was more data out there on how many and of what all they had built over the years, nothing like that seems to exist, at least not that I have found. As far as I can tell they have been doing that promo deal with Snap-on tools for nearly two decades but not apparently annually or consistently.

Thanks !
Yea there is quite a few different versions of the slash over the past couple decades.
The most rare are the promotional cars they put together for other companies like Snap-on tools, NAPA, Kawasaki, Honda, Polaris, Monster Energy, etc. etc.

I wish there was more data out there on how many and of what all they had built over the years, nothing like that seems to exist, at least not that I have found. As far as I can tell they have been doing that promo deal with Snap-on tools for nearly two decades but not apparently annually or consistently.

I think the 4x4 chassis with the brushless set up is the top now ,unless they have a race version out with better suspension ,
other than that ,they just change the body for their promotions!

I can keep an eye out for them sense I freak on E-bay ,that Napa truck is awesome ,as my neighbor works at Napa ,
some times he will take me there an open the store when I need an emergency part on a Sunday ,he also gives me
free Napa ball caps!....:cool:

There is actually 3 models above the brushless 4x4 now.

For several years there has been a Platinum model with the low Center of Gravity Chassis (LCG) which is a 4x4 with a brushless motor but leaves out the remote and receiver, and provides a clear body ready to paint yourself, comes along with upgraded GTR shocks and a few aluminum upgrades as well . Though it is not exactly an RTR since it lacks a remote and receiver but it is close to RTR status.

Then there is a true RTR 4x4 with LCG and on board audio (OBA) but lacks the GTR shocks and aluminum bits the platinum has.

The top dog is the Ultimate which the latest version is a 2019 model that has the new HD bits from the all new rustler 4x4 A-arms and axles along with the aluminum bits from the platinum and also has the GTR shocks, this version has new style painted body but no OBA. There is still available while supplies last the 2017-18 Ultimate that has the platinum parts with a TSM remote, OBA and a painted body, this was or is the most expensive version. The new 2019 Ultimate is the tougher truck but lacks the OBA, and cost about 90 bucks less then the 17-18 Ultimate.

Last edited:
Very nice collection! Gotta love the Slash, such a durable and fun rig.

There is actually 3 model above the brushless 4x4 now.

For several years there has been a Platinum model with the low Center of Gravity Chassis (LCG) which is a 4x4 with a brushless motor but leaves out the remote and receiver, and provides a clear body ready to paint yourself, comes along with upgraded GTR shocks and a few aluminum upgrades as well . Though it is not exactly an RTR since it lacks a remote and receiver but it is close to RTR status.

Then there is a true RTR 4x4 with LCG and on board audio (OBA) but lacks the GTR shocks and aluminum bits the platinum has.

The top dog is the Ultimate which the latest version is a 2019 model that has the new HD bits from the all new rustler 4x4 A-arms and axles along with the aluminum bits from the platinum and also has the GTR shocks, this version has new style painted body but no OBA. There is still available while supplies last the 2017-18 Ultimate that has the platinum parts with a TSM remote, OBA and a painted body, this was or is the most expensive version. The new 2019 Ultimate is the tougher truck but lacks the OBA, and cost about 90 bucks less then the 17-18 Ultimate.

I have to come back later ,my head is spinning ,LOL....I only know that 3's rock in it!...

Very nice collection! Gotta love the Slash, such a durable and fun rig.
Thanks.
I agree very tough trucks, with a huge aftermarket selection to make them your own.
I have several larger scale trucks, but the slash and it’s 1:10 scale cousins like the new rustler 4x4 are my favorite track vehicles.

Recent addition to the collection.
I put together a Tribute Rustler 4x4 to one of my Favorites in my Snap-on collection.
This Rustler is a tribute to the Snap-on E-revo.
I am not very good at painting and such, so I come up with the concepts and A custom body painter I found on E-bay helps me bring the concepts to life. They also helped me come up with my General Lee and Smokey and the Bandit Trans-am themed cars among others.

Rustler Snap-on Tribute car pic 4.jpg
Rustler Snap-on Tribute car pic 3.jpg
Rustler Snap-on Tribute car pic 2.jpg
Rustler Snap-on Tribute car pic 1.jpg

Here is some updated pic of the collection wall.
Always seems to be a work in progress as the collection grows and updates to existing trucks take place.

Here is a few pic's of the Rustler 4x4 Projects I recently completed.

Back