Ohio My track (in progress)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate_Radio

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey dudes this is my first post just wanted to say hi and show off my track that I'm working on.
its 80X36 with a 150 run line i plan to have it open to the public by the end of September
the pics below are from when it was smaller i just started expanding it today ill post more when its done

IMG_20220818_193149.jpg
IMG_20220815_132924.jpg

IMG_20220815_133031(1).jpg

IMG_20220828_153237.jpg

IMG_20220815_133031.jpg

IMG_20220828_101237.jpg

Hey dudes this is my first post just wanted to say hi and show off my track that I'm working on.
its 80X36 with a 150 run line i plan to have it open to the public by the end of September
the pics below are from when it was smaller i just started expanding it today ill post more when its done

View attachment 151368View attachment 151367

View attachment 151369

View attachment 151370

View attachment 151371

View attachment 151372
Welcome aboard! That is awesome! I love how you have the RC Pro racing timer pole thingy (forgot the name-its too early here! Lol). It's awesome having your own track!! How you keeping weeds down?

Here's mine 😁
20220610_150132.jpg

Hey P_R. Welcome to the forum. Back yard dirt oval. So nice! Leaving a grass infield makes for good track definition. Low driver stand is a plus in my book as well. Good luck with opening your track. Hope it sees good support. What classes are you considering?

Ran a back yard grass track oval of my own for three years (four seasons). 2WD ST. Have an affinity for ovals now. Cheers. 'AC'

I live like on the border between Ravenna and Newton falls in a township called Paris it's in the middle of nowhere LOL
Welcome aboard! sweet setup. :thumbs-up:
Thanks dude
Hey P_R. Welcome to the forum. Back yard dirt oval. So nice! Leaving a grass infield makes for good track definition. Low driver stand is a plus in my book as well. Good luck with opening your track. Hope it sees good support. What classes are you considering?

Ran a back yard grass track oval of my own for three years (four seasons). 2WD ST. Have an affinity for ovals now. Cheers. 'AC'
Mud boss is really big where I'm from we're also going to run street stock a scale four-wheel drive buggy and sportsman for now probably eventually getting to Sprint so they get enough people and maybe late models
Welcome aboard! That is awesome! I love how you have the RC Pro racing timer pole thingy (forgot the name-its too early here! Lol). It's awesome having your own track!! How you keeping weeds down?

Here's mine 😁
View attachment 151375
That looks awesome dude
Very cool! And welcome to RCT! 👋
Welcome aboard! sweet setup. :thumbs-up:
Thanks dude

Here's mine 😁
View attachment 151375
The best thing I found to keep weeds down was to buy bags of pure sodium chloride all it is a salt you can buy it at a feed mill they to label it as hey salt I buy it in 50 lb bags put it in a broadcaster and spread it around my track and then water it into the soil it works better than any commercial weed killer and it makes the soil toxic to plant life for years to come

Last edited:
I live like on the border between Ravenna and Newton falls in a township called Paris it's in the middle of nowhere LOL

Thanks dude

Mud boss is really big where I'm from we're also going to run street stock a scale four-wheel drive buggy and sportsman for now probably eventually getting to Sprint so they get enough people and maybe late models

That looks awesome dude

Thanks dude

The best thing I found to keep weeds down was to buy bags of pure sodium chloride all it is a salt you can buy it at a feed mill they to label it as hey salt I buy it in 50 lb bags put it in a broadcaster and spread it around my track and then water it into the soil it works better than any commercial weed killer and it makes the soil toxic to plant life for years to come
Thanks cuz that's one thing that drives me crazy! Appreciate ya! ✌️

Nice that you have your own track! Love that.. I keep looking for an area that I can put together something for locals..

Nice that you have your own track! Love that.. I keep looking for an area that I can put together something for locals..
Thanks! It's a blast!

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other week. If it's open to public though you get into insurance issues or at least making sure you are covered with no insurance (clearly marked signs, etc). I'd love to do that though!

Back