My tmaxx is having 2nd gear issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody hawk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My Traxxas tmaxx 3.3 is shifting in to 2nd gear then is stutters and comes to a stop and some times comes shuts off. I have put in a entire new transmission and I am still having issues. Even when I call Traxxas they don't know what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds more like a problem with the engine tuning than with the transmission. The LSN is for idle and take off and the HSN is for WOT. I recommend you try leaning the HSN a little bit at a time when the engine is completely warmed up and let us know if anything changes.
From a dead stop, if you punch it to full throttle, how far does the car go before it shifts?

It sounds more like a problem with the engine tuning than with the transmission. The LSN is for idle and take off and the HSN is for WOT. I recommend you try leaning the HSN a little bit at a time when the engine is completely warmed up and let us know if anything changes.
From a dead stop, if you punch it to full throttle, how far does the car go before it shifts?
The truck shifts in the first 50ft or less

Making sure that the engine is tuned is the first place to start. Once it's tuned, then we can start looking into other adjustments.

Sounds like it's bogging out when it hits second gear, your carb is open and the RPMs are dropped, if it's rich it's gonna sputter and die.