my steering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spanko123

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i ride a rc10 gt and the steering is of center and i trtied alot of stuff and i can't seem to fix it, I'm not good with electroincs and i think it got sumthing to do with servos, like in my case i turns so much to the right that it constanlty does donuts, and i dont turn to the left it crashes so how do you aligh these dam tired thank you

Dude,
Didn't the truck come with a owners Manual? On the first page it says "Read before operating this toy" or something like that, right?
Read the Manual

See the little white Knobs to the left of the steering wheel?
Those are the Trim and end point adjustments
Adjust the Steering Trim until the wheels are straight

It ain't rocket surgery, it's just a toy car.

7091_Jaguar_trans.jpg

man people need to stop making fun of newbies, i no that much buddie!! it was servo off centere little confusing mr. rocket scientist

Remove the horn from the servo. Turn on the Tx and Rx. Make sure that the trim is set to 0. Then get the tires straight and reattach the servo horn. Start the car up and make the minor adjustments with the trim on the Tx.

spanko, don't sweat it. Some people are just not in the business of helping.

It is probably 1 of 2 things. Either your steering trim, which you can adjust on the transmitter (which you already know). Or it could be that the servo arm needs to be reset. What I would do is set the steering trim on your transmitter to the middle and then drive the car. See which way it wanders. Then take the screw out of the servo horn and turn it to the next spline either right or left depending on which way your car is pulling and see if it gets straighter.
And another thing to check is the rear drive. Make sure both dogbones are turning freely. If one side is binding it will cause your car to pull...