My sorry attempt at a scale Yota

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Nothing impressive here, just a dingo kit with a Yota body strapped to it. I'm hoping to put an interior in it and maybe a bed cover...Make it look like my plg POS 81 Hilux

Cmon dude. Seriously? No pictures?

You should have titled this "My sorry attempt at a thread"!!!!! lol...

Ok Ok I'll post a couple of pics...I took my ambien already so I'm struggling right now .

---------- Post added at 9:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:17 PM ----------

Pics

ujnhbdfvgbgtfv.jpg

edfjuxcgfhcgh.gif

flexin.gif

rearflexin.jpg

This nice grey primer was the color of my old 1:1 yota 4x4, when it got diry or scratched I pulled out a fresh can from behind the seat and made it look like new again. I'm going to try for an interior and do a bed cover for it.

Last edited:
^^^
second what he said. Good job so far. Like the bobbed bed.

You want rust, look up Rolex's Ugly Truckling.

Its hard to believe that someone who strives for everything to be a shelf queen that he built something like that. But than again its a fake dirt which I'm sure is his favorite kind!! :)

The rig is pretty much out of the box, nothing special about it but thanks for the kind words!

Rolex showed some serious skillz on the ugly truckling, while I can appreciate the art I'm not much for making it look rusted and beat. My painting and body prep skillz are really bad so it might look like crap when I'm done but it won't be on purpose LOL.

Damn Pete lookin good so far. is that the new 2012 SCx10?

God I can't wait to get another scaler!

I like the rugged look.

is that the new 2012 SCx10?

It's the latest Dingo kit, it's ok but not as good as the original scx10 IMO. There is no reason not to have beadlocks and full aluminum links in any of there kits!

Couldn't take looking at the brown

steps.jpg

axialstep.jpg

Quick test video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkSGsgkZdr0&feature=g-upl&context=G2e9e0afAUAAAAAAAAAA"]M4H00587 - YouTube[/ame]

Climbed up that step good. Looks real good imo.

Back