My Slash Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer4Life

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well,

I have a Slash and have been toying with it a little. Added the Rollcage, and the new beadlocks. Up next are the Chrome RPM light pods, RC4WD light kit and a Desert Rat body with an Upgrade Rockstar decal kit.

Here it is after I added the new Beadlocks. I made a holder for a couple spares. :smile:

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

looks cool bt must cut down on speed and handling with the cage and tires at the track no?

Looks good man I am digging that spare tire carrier/holder.. How is it mounted to the cage?

That has definatly got to be top heavy huh?

Wow! That rollcage seen thru the window is just awesome! And those rims adds some bling factor...

looks cool bt must cut down on speed and handling with the cage and tires at the track no?

Track...what track? Not everyone with a Slash races them. :cool:

Looks good man I am digging that spare tire carrier/holder.. How is it mounted to the cage?

I just mounted some a delrin bar from the underside of the cage. There are two holes in the cage that I mounted the delrin plate too.

That has definatly got to be top heavy huh?

A little. But when its done, it will look real good.

With a 3 Cell lipo and a Mamba 5700 system she still gets up to some pretty good speeds.

Nice, but I wanna see that new RC4WD chassis and trophy truck axle on the back! :eek::cool:

can we see pics of the cage without the body on please?????

Now thats just plain sweet! How much? I'm almost afraid to ask.

WOW that looks great I love the cage did you make it if so how about one for the sc10.Keep the pics comming thanks.

Simply Amazing!!! SO how do I get my name on the list to get my greedy little hands on one of these?? Nice machine work and some real nice desighn and execution there. thanks for the pics.

The Slash conversion is going to be lightened with delrin and some G10.

My truck is more of a basher fun scaler. Not worried about performance that much. The Mamba system and Lipo help a binch.

Okay guys,

Got the body painted, labeled, and mounted. Mounted the Light pods as well. Just need to get the light kit installed.

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

One of the things I really like about the tube chassis is that you cut open the back of the body and you can allow the rear of the body to cover the tires.

IMG_2129.jpg

Just need to cut out the side windows and install a window net.

I still can't get over how awesome those wheels look - that truck looks very nice.

WOW! That has got to be one of the nicest Slashes I have ever seen. I love every single aspect of it!

Back