My Rc10 Gt is ready to hit the streets :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JESSE G

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I finally got my Rc10 set up for street racing, I'm wanting to take it to my lhs, Hobby Town and try my luck at some parking lot racing. They set up a cool track out in the parking lot and they also set up some plastic ramps. I wanted to give it a "custom" look and I also was very bored one night so I hand painted all of the lettering on the side walls. Adventually I'm going to get a new body and paint it completly black except for mabe some flames or something similar down the side. I've always liked the look of everything blacked out. I got luck and found the wheels cheap on ebay already in black. Now I need to get it tuned in right and get my 1:1 up and running again so I can get to the track.

race7wd.jpg

Nice ride Jess.
Just a tip.
It's very hard to see your car or truck on a black paved track, if your car is black as well.
You might want to lighten up the front so you can keep track of the direction of the car.
Trust me on this one.

Never thought of that! I will keep that in mind, mabe I will do some bright flames on the front half of the truck.

So what do you guys think of my "custom" tires? I think they look cool and proud that I did it by hand with a small paintbrush.

nice touch...what tires are those...need some for my gt...since i drive it up and down the street more than i do anywhere else :O)

Looks good man! I love the look of raised white or yellow letters. I did it to a set of hpi rubbers I have on my aluminum hg rims.

968754joescar3.jpg

That looks sweet Nc, I went with the yellow because I want it to look like the pro trucks/Nascar. Diglife they are Hpi V-groove's. Check out www.rcboys.com They have a good price on them :D

Sweet ride Jesse. I like the yellow letters. Hopefully they will stay on there... For onroad, i suggest a thicker oil than you would normally run offroad. Since there arent as many bumps on the road (or hopefully not) you will need a thicker oil to help in the turns... I ran 80wt in my shocks (forgot what pistons) and it worked really nice. I had red springs all around. Maybe you could find some cheap foam tires on ebay and give those a try. Nice truck!

Thanks guys, I hope the paint stays on there too lol it took me forever to paint the letters, they should last though I used Testor model paint. I havent messed with the shock set up yet,since I havent really got it tuned in yet. I just got my rechargable batteries yesterday, I havnet had any good ones since I got the truck almost a month ago. So I'm planning on taking it out tonight. I'm also charging up my sons E Rustler so he can go out with me. Its funny hes 6 and tells me. Daddy my truck is going to blow yours away LMAO! Nc I plan on doing a custom body but not for a while money is tight and I'm having my back surgery next monday so I will be spending some time in bed playing ps2 lol.

Back