My RC car spins off when i go too fast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My RC car works fine when i go slow, but when i start going fast it will turn and spin out. It most likely a problem about the motor's torque. How can i fix this?

only my WLtoys 284131 (basicly a k989) have this problem.
It might be because it is the fastest RC i got

Just physics. Motor is too powerful in relations to the weight of the car. Also, If its 4WD, then the power transfer is probably uneven.
can i fix this by using a different tire?

can i fix this by using a different tire?
If its a weight to power issue, perhaps. If it a 4WD power transfer issue, no.

If its a weight to power issue, sticker tires will help along with extra weight to the chassis. Something like wheel weights., but you want to keep it as low as possible to keep the center of gravity low.

its not a drift car.
Banggod and Amazon both list this as a drift car and it seems to be modeled after the Arrma Infraction which is a drift car. That being said it does seem to have rubber tires like the Infraction so maybe try adding some weight to the rear and see if that helps any.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

I have that truck and while it is modeled after a drift truck, and it will drift if you work at it, the rubber tires grip too much to drift well. The most common issue I have is hair getting tangled in the back side of the wheel hubs and binding the wheels up. Makes it drive all sorts of wonky. Causes it to 'diff out' and put all the power to one wheel and spin out. Make sure all your wheels spin freely.

Its actually a pretty cool truck. I would recommend ditching the lights as the tiny lipo it comes with doesn't keep up very well. I believe its a 500mah and there are optional 750mah batteries that help but not much. Disconnecting the lights made the run time much better.

Good luck! Hope that helps.

Last edited:
One of the the K989's is more of a drift car than this (same chassis, but locked diffs and plastic tyres). The 284131 is supposed to be a cheap 4wd mini-z type car. The sellers just word bomb every car type they can think of for search result hits (some of them have crawler in the title too)

These are pretty good fun, but they are not the most tunable, high quality or controllable cars (eg I have one that turns better one way than the other and I can't see an easy way to fix this).

The best set up one of these I have ever seen was on "Beaver RC"s channel (think that's right). Basically, by cleaning up mould lines on the plastic and adding a bit of lube the car becomes much better, then you need to buy stuff to make it good.