My Nitro Young-Blood race boat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rewired

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello everyone
My names josh, i live in Australia and i thaught u would like to see some pics of my young blood race boat I'm currently restoring to its former glory. Shes a running a ops 21, flexdrive shaft and 440 prop. Any advice for starting a motor that hasnt been started in years? Motor has good
Compression and carby moves freely so fingers crossed :)

c094754f-cd16-798b.jpg

c0947553-cd4e-dd83.jpg

c0947555-cd7a-907c.jpg

c0947555-cdac-c8cd.jpg

Nice boat ops kick ass engine.enjoy:D

---------- Post added at 9:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:36 AM ----------

If its free just make sure your fuel system is clear the carb is not clogged you said it turns free fire that bad boy up!

Thanxs for the tips. I'm waiting on a few parts before i can get her running and in the water for example a new flexishaft, starter belt and reciever. Hobby shops are few and far between in outback australia.

Haha what a great night XD

ur lucky mate, id love to have a nitro boat! looks to be in great shape! Keep us upto speed if you get it running!

also... "rene is sexy" on the cone.. Glad to know! LOL!!

c0947555-cd7a-907c.jpg

Josh, I hope that you have a tuned pipe for it or one on order!
BTW, Youngblood, it's one word. It's the last name of the guy who makes them.

Heres a updated pic with the pipe and radio box/gear in. Still waiting for a few things like throttle arm, more foam flotation and a hand held starter. What do u recomend i grease the flexishaft with?

3aa3af85-adca-c8ae.jpg

As far as cable lube goes, you can use a good marine lube for full-sized outboards or in a pinch, trailer axle lithium-based grease.
Check your tuned pipe length as it appears to be too long. Measure the length from the glow plug to the widest part of the tuned pipe following the flow of the exhaust, it should be around 8-1/2" or whatever that is in metric. It's not unusual for them to come too long and needs to be shortened. A tubing cutting does a nice job of cutting them cleanly.

Thaught all u boat fans on here might like an update, traveld 4 hours today to the hobby shop and picked up some goodies :)

c0947551-df5b-91e5.jpg

Dang, 4 hours? I make a phone call and Octura parts are at my doorstep in 24 hours. The hobby shops around here don't carry diddly-squat for boats. Planes, trains and automobiles, yes.

Heres some updated pics of the finished boat before i take it out for its second run today =D

c0947569-8c45-162f.jpg

c0947569-8c5b-861d.jpg

c0947569-8c99-b2bb.jpg