My new temp gun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Went to the track yesterday and after my uncle stopped by at Harbor Freight to get me a temp gun. 15 dollars. Not a fancy one but gets the job done. After each qualifier I will temp the motor, esc and battery. Yesterday I temped my motor in the buggy at 130 F. Not that bad. I might gear up? Right now I have a 20T pinion and 78T spur. But with going up on the pinion, more heat, and with the size carpet track, it is not needed as the straight is only about 60-70 feet and I cannon get full speed on the motor so I think the gearing combo I have right now will be fine.
PXL_20230415_201004360.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230415_201009723.jpg
    PXL_20230415_201009723.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230415_201015592.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230415_201015592.MP.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20230415_201031698.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230415_201031698.MP.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 23
What a coincidence. They are useful.
I got this one a few weeks ago and it has already saved me time in diagnosing a motor shut off issue.
Works off of AAA batteries too. I am tired of buying 9 volts just to have them waste away so I am trying to get rid of all my 9volt gadgets.
PXL_20230416_174641170.jpg

my seldom used gear has all rechargeable batteries in them. it might take 2 minutes to bump a battery up to use device but it work for me

my seldom used gear has all rechargeable batteries in them. it might take 2 minutes to bump a battery up to use device but it work for me
I use Eneloops. Have you tried them? They don't lose their charge like others do.

I use Eneloops. Have you tried them? They don't lose their charge like others do.
I had a few Eneloops and didn't notice a difference with my others.
I started using Lithium rechargeable AA's and AAA's. They are a true 1.5vdc and seem so far to hold a charge far beyond any of my Nimh's did. Cycle longevity over their lifetime is the only question at this point as I couldn't be more pleased with them.

Last edited:
I had a few Eneloops and didn't notice a difference with my others.
I started using Lithium rechargeable AA's and AAA's. They are a true 1.5vdc and seem so far to hold a charge far beyond any of my Nimh's did. Cycle longevity over their lifetime is the only question at this point as I couldn't be more pleased with them.
I have had a huge difference in the Eneloops over like Duracells and Energizer rechargeable batteries. What lithium batteries are you using?

I have had a huge difference in the Eneloops over like Duracells and Energizer rechargeable batteries. What lithium batteries are you using?
EBL and CZVV. The brands are in the links.

Nice I use mine all the time to check if I have a fever.

I have had hit or miss with rechargeables oddly the first one I got after the fire we’re really cheap off brand Chinese junk and they work so well better than some of more expensive name brands I’ve had problem being I use n need them for more than just rc at home so trying to find the best balance of quality and quantity without killing the bank

If these lithium's last half as long as my Nimh's have than they are worth every penny. I even use them in my electric door locks, which are notorious for burning through AA's in a few weeks. I could never use Nimh's in those locks because of their lower voltage.

I’m definitely going to have to look into them if my house does anything really well especially with all the boys tech electronics ext n my cooking crafts and medical stuff that’s before rc anything it’s running on AA and AAA batteries lol

If these lithium's last half as long as my Nimh's have than they are worth every penny. I even use them in my electric door locks, which are notorious for burning through AA's in a few weeks. I could never use Nimh's in those locks because of their lower voltage.
That's one thing about lithium though. I used to vape, and those lithium batteries, even the good ones, didn't last a long time. I have Eneloop Pros going on 7 years old now that still work great. In fact, my GT3B has 8 of them in it. They haven't been charged in over 4 months, and I bet I can go run a car on it right now just fine. I will have to grab some lithium AA's and compare though.

That's one thing about lithium though. I used to vape, and those lithium batteries, even the good ones, didn't last a long time. I have Eneloop Pros going on 7 years old now that still work great. In fact, my GT3B has 8 of them in it. They haven't been charged in over 4 months, and I bet I can go run a car on it right now just fine. I will have to grab some lithium AA's and compare though.
I’m definitely looking in to them too that’s this other reason I’m curious though is my vape them batteries get expensive

Back