My new rig...new flex pics...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Been missing my old toyota project I sold a couple years ago so I sold my Teryx and picked up a 84, 22r.

Got it sitting on 33's and 4" of suspension lift but thats temporary.

Ordered 5.29 gears, front locker, (either lincoln locker or spool the rear), new stage 2 clutch, also needed a new carrier bearing, timing chain and thermostat which are on their way too.

Just picked up my new tread too, some 37x13.5 procomp x terrains.

Also got my tubing that I'll be using after I get rid of most of the fenders and probably go over the cab. Gonna bob the bed this weekend hopefully.

001-191.jpg

003-149.jpg

Shes a beaut! Thats exactly what I'm getting soon, or an older cherokee, I am tired of the street racing scene & thanks to my RC crawler/scaler addiction I want to take it to the 1:1 side of things as well lol

That's gonna be sweet Lloyd, turn it into a full size Class 3 scale rig, LOL!!!!

:hehe: yeah.

Killer rig Lloyd, I had an 82 yota years ago with lift and 35's....Offroad Beast!

Pics and updates are expected!

Congrats SNG that's awesome. You can't beat the older Toyotas for toughness, if you can find one without all the rust that is. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Congrats SNG that's awesome. You can't beat the older Toyotas for toughness, if you can find one without all the rust that is. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

*Peaks over shoulder* "pssst, you lookin at dat der truck? She sure is purdy aint she?"

Not much of an update but I got my tires on...

Carrier bearing was shot so I got a new one today too. Changed my mind on gears and ordered a set of 5.71's and a full spool for the rear.

003-150.jpg

004-133.jpg

Looks great except for the butt-ugly grill, IMO.

Very nice Lloyd.

Thanks guys. And I dont plan on lifting it any more Curtis. I plan on relocating the front axle 2" forward which will give me less to cut out on the inside front fenders/firewall area. I also have 1.5" wheel spacers for the front which will give me more steering clearence but once I get the fenders cut up I shouldnt have much trouble even when stuffed. But if I do have trouble on the front, I will make longer bump stops to limit my up travel I think before lifting it more, I wanna keep it as low as possible.
Running 4" of lift on 37's but its still easy to get into, my last toyota I ran 9" of lift on 38's and pulled my groin getting into it lol.

Guess you should install some of those automatic retractable steps

Welcome back to the darkside! Those procomps do ok in the snow. Other than that they arent that great. Great lookin rig. Atleast your already Straight Axled! 5.29's with lockers... You must have had some savings lol. Mine is blown up :( I need to get another motor. I think I scattered a piston.

5.71's actually, my brother changed my mind. Going full spool in back and spartan locker up front.

Have all the parts except clutch but it'll be here today. My brother is gonna do my gears for me, maybe this weekend.

Got the bed off and am probably going to do a small flat bed instead of a bobbed bed. We got about 6" of snow this morning though so I'm in no hurry lol....

Also, this just keeps my name alive, its my new "slowngreen" :hehe:

5.71's actually, my brother changed my mind. Going full spool in back and spartan locker up front.

Have all the parts except clutch but it'll be here today. My brother is gonna do my gears for me, maybe this weekend.

Got the bed off and am probably going to do a small flat bed instead of a bobbed bed. We got about 6" of snow this morning though so I'm in no hurry lol....

Also, this just keeps my name alive, its my new "slowngreen" :hehe:

Where is your hysteer?????

Oh yeah, some where in the mail. Ordered it over the weekend. bought a steering box off a 91 too so just waiting on them.

Yeah....

Back