My new project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoobTC3

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well for the longest time my tmaxx has been collecting dust, and I've decided to do a complete overhaul to it. I haven't gathered many parts or ideas, but I'm going with a novarossi .28 comp engine to start. Some rpp beadlock wheels and redoing the whole truck from there. I've picked up an axial betty truck body to top off the truck,but the rest who knows. So once I start I will put up the pics, and pics of the tc3 if you want haha.

you're going to need a big block conversion kit for that engine. I'm a fan of Fastlane Machine products. They have a beautiful big block chassis kit that comes with extended chassis rails and an extended rear dogbone as well as a big block engine mount. You'll probably be using a 1/8 scale clutch with that engine which means you'll be running a 1/8 scale clutch bell... which means you need an RCSolutions 1.0 module spur gear.

those are just a couple things off the top of my head.

I defintely reccomend Fast Lane Machines. I'm getting ready to do a complete Savage overhaul with a brushless conversion, and all of the parts will come from Fast Lane Machine. Except the motor and ESC, but if they build those items, I'll probably buy them too.

Thanks for the info guys, that will be a huge help when I start this in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to see how this thing turns out.

I defintely reccomend Fast Lane Machines. I'm getting ready to do a complete Savage overhaul with a brushless conversion, and all of the parts will come from Fast Lane Machine. Except the motor and ESC, but if they build those items, I'll probably buy them too.

So when you do that, wanna sell your engine?

Yep, won't be anytime soon as I'm trying to finish up the tc3 so I can have it on the road for next week. So this conversion will take a little bit, but yeah, just shoot me a pm in about a month or so.

Back