My new Kyosho Inferno ST US sport 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justagamer76

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
YAY I picked up a brand new Kyosho for under 400 bucks. I'm happy but i hope it was a better investment then my others. If anyone can tell me good places to order parts online i would be in debt to you.(yes ima wreck it). Any lionks or help would be great cause I wanna be ready this time. Thanks again.Oh and I will post pics when it gets here in the mail.

found a killer place for parts

Last edited:
I just saw this post bud, take it easy. How about a pic? Glad you got yourself something good. My ex wife????I'll pay you to take her off my hands! lol
Kyosho parts are high as hell. I buy most of my parts from dollarhobbyz on E-Bay.
A couple things you need to know about these rigs....
The diffs are a pain. The diff housings will flex.
Extra O-rings on the fuel tank standoffs. The tank will crack from hitting the chassis.
They crack easy at the seam. I'm on my 3rd tank and need a new one now. This last one split at the seam for for no reason other than poor quality.
The front carrier hubs, the plastic ones don't last long at all. Buy extras, the 22 degree carriers not the 20 degree.
I have an awesome setup on my ST-RR, it's a point and shoot truggy. Super predictable to drive. I'll share my info with ya if you're interested. Factory setup is not all that great. Your truck is shorter and has different shocks so it may need to be slightly different for the setup.

Ok I got this thing and its brand new. I have had it for a week and not even put a tank in it or let it touch the ground. Its not what i want...at all. Maybe if I can get my 400 bucks out of it and sell some other poop i have I mght buy something else. But then again I will get something else and hate it to. Maybe I am being to picky. I think i need to drive something worth my while. Tough chance I don't know.

If it's not what you want....then WHY is it not what you want? Most of the Truggies out there look pretty similar....

Its not the looks I don't Like. Its going to take more then I figured to get it the way I wanted. I don't Like the throttle and steering links. I don't like the no adjustable turnbuckles. I don't likethe clutch design. The front and rear braces seem to be weak and allow for more then needed flexing.

Well I broke down adn ran it....I couldnt help myself. I dropped in my GO Engine 3 port and let it rip. not to bad but needs ALOT of adjusting. Definatly needs a new steerinf servo as the one on it is completely junk...I guess I will work with it.

Well I broke down adn ran it....I couldnt help myself. I dropped in my GO Engine 3 port and let it rip. not to bad but needs ALOT of adjusting. Definatly needs a new steerinf servo as the one on it is completely junk...I guess I will work with it.

Every RC out there takes some adjusting to get it where [you] want it. it's just part of the hobby. i think if anyone has been in the business for any length of time will tell you that.

glad to hear your willing to make it work for ya..... :)

Yea I couldn't help myself. It was sitting there for a week all fresh and new...It needed some dirt for character. I'm going to try and find some adjustable links along with a different throttle and steering link setup ...That way I can adjust anything I can.

Yea I couldn't help myself. It was sitting there for a week all fresh and new...It needed some dirt for character. I'm going to try and find some adjustable links along with a different throttle and steering link setup ...That way I can adjust anything I can.

Sounds good. You ought to see all the junk i had to do to my MGT to "make it mine".... and it's still not done yet....

Ditch the stock air filter and clutch, it will start to perform like a real truggy. I did this for a guy with the U.S. sports Inferno buggy, it was a whole nother animal.
I have a lot of what you need, make a list and I'll hook you up. No servos to sell though.

Back