My new King of Shaves C1 34" brushless cat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbuickman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hiya Guys :) ,

I picked up this really nice Venom king of shaves C1 34" twin brushless catamaran not too long ago for $400 and I realized that I haven't shared it with y'all yet, so, there she is .

This is an all original version 2 with twin 60 amp speed controls, 2750kv outrunner motors in the upgraded clamp style motor mounts & 36mm props. I bought 4 new 50c - 100c 3s lipos with it & I'm running it on an airtronics MX sport radio system :) ..

0523171109a.jpg
0523171109.jpg
0523171108a.jpg
0523171108.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, this particular model and several other versions of it have all been discontinued now but it's still a really nice skill Style boat and it still goes like stink on doo doo. With the 36mm aluminum CNC counter-rotating props it will run in the low 60 MPH range which is plenty for these boats since it's bust in a straight line and doesn't turn real well at speed because it's too narrow not to mention the fact it's running with 380 brushless motors. Since parts are pretty much obsolete for it, it mostly sets on the shelf and looks Purdy' but it's nice to get it wet once in a great while just for fun.

It's sharp (pun intended) for sure! With speeds like that out of a couple 380's and a relatively small boat, I'm not surprised to hear it doesn't turn so well. (i would imagine it would turn like a full sized boat and it would likely have to be running on smooth as glass water) It's Def a looker! NICE score! :thumbs-up:

awesome boat.the quality of the component seems lacking.i bought this boat ;ast summer and after only a few outings a motor failed and receiver also.i will replaced all opf the internal component with upgrade parts.other wise nice boat i really like this product.

We had a guy from out of town show up at one of the lakes I run at. He brought one of those along in the gas version. My son was around 26 at the time and has been running boats since he was 12. He told me that it was the worst handling boat he'd ever driven!

Funny how that happens! Some of the best looking cars and trucks perform like that too! Either way, that boat is SHARP looking! (pun intended! :hehe: ) It will look great on a shelf!

If you go actual scale, it doesn't work in RC. I talked to Remy Haynes (Aeromarine) about this as they made some exact models for a boat builder as a model for people who bought the real thing. They handled like junk also. The 1/8-scale hydro's the same way as the sanctioning bodies give builders or manufacturers leeway, not much but enough to help handling.

That's just it... There isn't really a way to go FULL scale to 1:5. 1:8 etc... There isn't anyone making perfectly scaled outdrives, 100hp 10cyl dsl engine for kits etc... Aside from that, things like aerodynamics don't care what scale you're running, they don't change to accommodate us! :hehe: