My New AX10 Scorpion, With CJ8 Lid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
As you all know I broke the blue man lotto curse by winning an AX10 Scorpion. I have finished stripping all, and I mean ALL the green of this sucker. Every last washer, link, ring, whatever was axial green is now stripped and polished. I still need to get my servo and motor, they will be here soon
but I wanted to get some pics posted up.

I also had a beat up old CJ8 body laying around that I always knew one day would find it's way on to one of my rigs. I filled the old mounting holes and antenna hole, sanded it down, masked it off and shot it in Krylon ultra flat olive drab. I made corner armor, rocker panels, and front bumper cover out of diamond plate styrene, painted it silver, and glued them to the lid. The rear tonneau cover is sprayed with plasti-dip to give it the vinyl look. I had to use window trim decals because the body's first owner must have used a machete to trim the body and window masking so I had to hide some scratches.

Thanks again to WoodiE and RCNT for everything they do for the members!

Well here she is...

026-1.gif

012.jpg

016-1.gif

017-1.gif

021-1.gif

022-1.gif

It looks great Joe. I absolutely LOVE the paint. I'm in the process of doing a flat black lid to paractice with so I can save the lid you sprayed for the comps.

Thanks guys! I really don't know if I will run this lid or not,the CJ8 has been long since discontinued and they are getting extremely difficult to find. I may just keep this one as the shelf lid and throw something else together to actually run on it. But who knows, it may just get used, after all I do happen to know a guy who can fix it up if it gets damaged :D

Hey Charlie, you recognize those tires bud? :D

looks great man, bet it was a lot of work getting all that green off.

It wasn't too bad. A can of original easy off, a bottle of greased lightning, and a polishing wheel on my bench grinder. Oh yeah, and several hours of work, lol.

^^^really thats it? hmm i might have to try that, not to steal ur idea though lol.

Lucky guy. Looks killer man. Is it lotto time yet agian lol.

Man that's sweet. Those tires look great. Whoever gave them to you must have been a really cool guy.

Good looking crawler, got any chassis pictures?

-Michael

Man that's sweet. Those tires look great. Whoever gave them to you must have been a really cool guy.

Bah, it was just some pain in the ass from the forum :D

Seriously though, thanks so much for the tires Charlie, they are much nicer than the stock lizards, I really appreciate it bud. Even though my forearm was cramping up cutting them off, whoever glued them suckers on must have used a full bottle of glue on each tire, lol.

I still may pick up a set of rims, something cheap like the pro-line crawler rims to throw them stinky ass rock lizards on.

Good looking crawler, got any chassis pictures?

-Michael

Actually I didn't take any with the lid off, but I gladly will :yes:

Just remember, I own part of that chassis. Congrats on the win, you did it justice. The diamond plate reinforcement is a great touch.

I can't see the pix on my work comp. DAMN. Gotta pick up my new tires b4 i can go home to see em.

Just remember, I own part of that chassis. Congrats on the win, you did it justice. The diamond plate reinforcement is a great touch.

Thanks Rolex, it's no truckling but it will do. I love that diamond plate styrene, it really adds another dimension to any paint job, I need to buy it in like 4x8 sheets, lol.

I actually have a free day tomorrow, so I think I'll be heading out to HobbyTown to pick some up. I really like the idea of the actual 3D texture vs. the trim sheet.

While you are there pick up a rattle can of Pactra indy silver. When sprayed on the outside of anything it really looks like aluminum, and holds up extremely well. I use it to paint all my diamond plate styrene since the diamond plate comes in a light brown color.

I already have a can of that here. I don't think I ever used it after Candyman turned me on the the Spaz Stix mirror chrome.
Just checked. Brand new unopened can. Great info.

I use that paint to paint the entire wing on a tc body, makes it look like an aluminum wing. I use it for anything I want to give an aluminum look. Great stuff!

Back