My LHS guy tell;s me all glowplug's same size??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunslinger686

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is this right .I use OS#8 are thay ok in my ofna ultra gt lx?:shrug:

Last edited:
no, he is not right. There are long and short plugs as well as turbo plugs. The plugs also come in different temperatures.

Here are some things that might help

glow plug info

all about glow plugs

You can use os#8, but you need to make sure that the clearance between the piston and the plug is OK. Earlier versions of the ultra gt lx had a problem with longer plugs, so they supplied you with a shim(spacer) to put between the head and the block to oincrease the space. I just ran the os#3 instead. It is the same plug as the #8, but is shorter. I haven't had any problems.

HobbyTown is expensive. I had to buy a one way for my OS and they charged me $27. I am not sure exactley how much one ways cost, but I thought that was a little high.

Those are great links, nDave.

I need you to come over and read 'em to me sometime...

Originally posted by kwong2001
Yeah the $$$ wavelength...at least around here

A big WORD UP! from me on that one. The guys that run the sloppytown out where I am don't know jack about R/Cs. That is why I don't ever go there anymore.

Originally posted by DarthRacer

A big WORD UP! from me on that one. The guys that run the sloppytown out where I am don't know jack about R/Cs. That is why I don't ever go there anymore.

The story I tell everyone...when my dad was thinking about getting an r/c, I told him hobbytown is all about the money and will worship you if they think you're gonna buy a car, but treat you like poop if you don't. So anyways, he walks in saying he wants an hpi rs4 3 asking all sorts of questions acting like he's gonna buy. They have like two people helping him out and the minute he changes his mind, they start walking away from him and helping other people.

I've been in there and listened to this one old guy talk up all these cars that drive like poop. Kinda pisses me off cuz they're selling junk to people and all they care about is making money.

If you're ever in Charlotte, come to the Hobbytown here. It's nothing like what any of you have mentioned. By far the cheapest prices around, and very knowledgeable people.

Hobbytown will only tell me stories...

I really did like those links. I had to archive two significant pieces into one neat little html page for local reference if I ever need it.

I put it here if anybody's interested.

Hey guys, dont forget, HobbyTown is a franchise. So while one is great, the next one can be run by shitheads. Just like a Modil gastation. Some are awesome and some suck.

Our Hobbytown has 1 person who I found to have any knowledge about Nitro RC Cars/Trucks and he wasn't too bad, but didnt suggest products I would buy either. Not to say he was wrong, but I wasn't going to gamble my money either.

In a crunch, they sometimes have a part I need.

As for the glo-plugs, yes, different plugs have different results. Put in a plug thats too long and you can hear the 'ping ping ping ping ping' when you go to start it. Yup, thats right, piston smacking into the plug. Been there, done that, wont do it again.

Make sure you get what your mill requires.