My first XXX NT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmj1987

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey y'all I'm new to rc don't know much about them. But I was told the best way to learn is grab yourself a nitro.. Well lucky for me I saved my dad's from the graveyard

It's missing a few parts the back right arm plus tyre is gone probably busted while racing or landed hard.. When I try to find the original tyre and rim it came up discontinue.. I'm thinking ok what size tyre and rim this fit. I can find the replacement arm and suspension and etc but few of the parts are discontinue.. Hell even the engine is too.. So I'm wondering if I could do a engine swap maybe a 2.5r yes I know that's traxxas.. Lmao well some input would gladly help.. Here's a picture of what I'm working with
FB_IMG_1454367238796.jpg

I traded a cheap electric airplane for one that didn't work. I had it running in 15 minutes and it was a blast.

I probably have some rims/tires in a box somewhere for that... I know I have an entire box of 1/10 stadium truck tires/wheels. The xxx-nt was my first RC 15+ years ago. Very fragile. Wish I had bought a rustler, then at least I could have gotten RPM arms for the thing and maybe towers. I broke sooooo many arms and towers on that thing.

I still have one myself, there were fun little trucks. I have found parts for mine on ebay.
Here are your rear arms.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Losi-N...533368?hash=item25b477b2b8:g:C24AAOSwL7VWkM1E
I'm not finding the rear rims either.

Yea thanks for the information and where to get parts.. I found the whole suspension set for both front and rear arms the towers the shocks. I'm also gonna swap out the engine its a fantom fr 12 I saw reviews on it and heard its a bad engine.. Someone suggested OS 18 tz tx.. All I'm missing is the body.. I would like a trophy truck body but I don't know if it would fit.. I found the original body on ebay. But yeah I don't really have a spending limit.. So I don't mind going all out and buying spar parts I know I'm planning on spending close to 1k because of spar tyres and wheels and shocks plus towers.

Last edited:
Biggest problem I have with mine is the battery box, I have busted mine off several times.

Here's the body I painted for my current one....

019-3.jpg

018-2.jpg

So I found my suspension parts graphite arms for both front and rear titanium turnbuckles graphite towers. I wanna do something different if possible a skinny wheel base for the front with ripe tyres instead of the normal base wheels. And I'm also gonna do a engine swap for a OS 18tz tx
But I don't think the original transmission or whatever that thing called that spins the rear wheels I wanna say flywheel or gears would handle it.. I'm also gonna use Drake edition tuned pipe or something else.. But yea ill be running my truck hard doing jumps and etc plus racing that's about it so far.. Is there any suggestions on tool kit

I still have my old XXXNT owners manual. If you could list the parts you need I can give you the part numbers for those parts
making your search somewhat easier.
If you can't locate Losi rear wheels, try Team Associated RC10GT rear wheels and any 2.2 size rear tire (except 2.2 crawler tires)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-...684785?hash=item5681d93b31:g:jtoAAOSwKtlWr6TR
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JConcep...280798?hash=item5af28b6ede:g:8CcAAOxyepRRyJUx
This store still carries some hard to find XXXNT parts
http://www.losipartshouse.com/Losi-XXX-NT-AD-2-s/2256.htm

I forgot all about that place.

From what I recall, the parts I had the most problems with were:
Arms
Hinge pin blocks
Towers
Diff main gear
Diff tightening nut
fuel tank

I think I eventually bought alloy hinge pin blocks, trinity used to make nice losi parts back then.

For the diff, I also found an aluminum main diff gear and a 1 piece alloy diff nut that replaced the plastic insert with a locknut in it. Hammad Ghuman made the diff nut. Out of business though. Looks like losi makes a one piece now, but it's not all alloy. I also used high carbide diff balls as the stock ones would get out of round pretty quickly and feel/sound just awful. I used niftech diff grease as well.

The RPM front skid helped with breaking arms all the time.

Hey y'all I'm new to rc don't know much about them. But I was told the best way to learn is grab yourself a nitro.. Well lucky for me I saved my dad's from the graveyard

It's missing a few parts the back right arm plus tyre is gone probably busted while racing or landed hard.. When I try to find the original tyre and rim it came up discontinue.. I'm thinking ok what size tyre and rim this fit. I can find the replacement arm and suspension and etc but few of the parts are discontinue.. Hell even the engine is too.. So I'm wondering if I could do a engine swap maybe a 2.5r yes I know that's traxxas.. Lmao well some input would gladly help.. Here's a picture of what I'm working withView attachment 17315

Hello Bmj1987! I have an XXX-NT i am parting out! if you need any parts let me know what you need and Ill see if I have it!

Back