My first Private School Volunteer Experience

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Last night was the first night I volunteered for my stepsons school, and let me tell you it was an experience! See... the school gives you a slight tuition break if you volunteer 15 Hrs + 2 Bingo nights a year.. per kid. The school gets a percentage of the nights draw. Well last night was the last night we had to do to make up the required hours from last school year! LOL

My wife and I worked Bingo last night. That got us our last Bingo night, and our last 5 hours we needed. Volunteering for this year starts in a couple of weeks. Anyway.... A while back.... 14 years ago to be exact I worked at the very Bingo hall that we were volunteering at. The only bridge I ever burned. Told the owner to take the job and shove it where the sun don't shine! She was not a very nice lady. Anyway I was told she didn't work Monday's. I thought cool! Well it turns out she was working, but she didn't recognize me. Phewww dodged a bullet!

That is not the interesting part...... I can't believe how much money those people spend on bingo! I was absolutely floored! When I worked there I worked in the kitchen and did ever run the floor, so I didn't have any idea how much money was spent. Our job was to sell pull tabs. Kinda like scratch offs only you flipped back a cardboard tab. Well I must have sold 6 or seven boxes full! I had folks buying those things as much as a hundred at a time, and one person actually spent $300! By the end of the night I had folks giving me quarters and pocket lint for just one card! One person even handed me a $20 and said that I better give her a winner, because it was the last of $1900 she has spent total that night!! I hope I am not offending any bingo players out there. Bingo is a fun game I am sure, but the amount of money these people spent in 5 hours was unreal!

To make matters worse they kept us there from 6 pm till after 11 and we both had to be up at 5:30. Kinda sucks.. but I guess it just goes to show what one is willing to do to save a couple bucks. LOL

Tom

Bingo is a racket! My wife used to play but it is too darn expensive now.

We also have to volunteer 15 hours for my son's school, if we don't work the hours we have to pay them for every hour we don't work. The fricken school already cost an arm and a leg plus we have to "volunteer" our time. Darn schools is a rip off but it's still better than the public schools around here.

Bingo is a racket! My wife used to play but it is too darn expensive now.

We also have to volunteer 15 hours for my son's school, if we don't work the hours we have to pay them for every hour we don't work. The fricken school already cost an arm and a leg plus we have to "volunteer" our time. Darn schools is a rip off but it's still better than the public schools around here.

That is what I keep telling myself.... that he is getting a better education.

They worked the crap out of us last night too! 5 hours and all we got was one bathroom break, and one drink/grab a quick bite.. and I mean quick we were told we had less than 10 minutes to use the bathroom, grab a drink and a bite to eat if we wanted before intermission. They got their money's worth out of us volunteers last night for sure.

Tom

It's kinda funny they call it volunteering. Maybe if you have a money tree you can shake it is.

I'm sending my kids to private schools and would not change it for the world cuz when done they will be better prepared for college which will have its positive results. I have a second job to pay for it, which S*cks the volunteering is not any fun either....but. The best path is never the easiest. This may also be the college money but with the proper education it can easily be free'er. No it not just the book sense they will gain. Rubing elbows with the affluent will open doors for them

Do you know why Osama Bin Ladin and his Al Quaida boys never play Bingo?

Because every time the MC calls out B 52, everyone dives under the tables.

Do you know why Osama Bin Ladin and his Al Quaida boys never play Bingo?

Because every time the MC calls out B 52, everyone dives under the tables.

Your nuts man! I love it!

Anyway... I know this is for the best... I hope. Right now my stepson hates school with a passion and he just got out of kindergarten! So I guess we will see. My wife and her brother, and sister were all private schooled and my wife has a PhD in Physical Chemestry, her sister a PhD in Inorganic Chemestry, and her brother became a lawyer. So maybe it will pay off. LOL

This bingo slave driving sucks arse though!!

Tom

Back