My first electric rc duratrax baja bug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have allways been a die-hard nitro fan but the Durastrax baja bug just caught my eye and i had to have ir, i love this thing, no nitro, no tuning, but heare's my question. I've heard it's based on a evader dt chassis. i havent seen any aftermarket parts wheels and tires mainly so i am asking you guys what wheel and tire sets interchange with this thing?
??? I gotta say this thing is a blast to drive, My wife is constantly bashing on it, but i'd like to give it more of a fat rears, skinny fronts kinda look you know like the blitzer beetle or sand scorcher. does anyone make a set of wheels to give it more of that "BAJA BUG" look? i need help as this is my first electric car, and i'm totally diggin it!!!!!!!!!!:D

There has to be some of you guys who have an idea of what wheels fit this baja bug, something really neat would help? any ideas, thoughts, anything?????????????

Wow duratrax customer support is awesome!!!!

Well, my baja bug broke as soon as i tried it out so i had to send it back to DURATRAX for repair, all i can say is WOW, I wanted a white with black body and they had discontinued them all, but Duratrax was kind enough to send me one for free from their warehouse for my trouble, ALL I CAN SAY IS I'M LIKIN DURATRAX MORE AND MORE!!!!!!!!:D

ok i guess i'll answer my own question, they take 1.9 wheels and use 12 mm hexes.

The 12 MM Hex hub is very common and many 2.2 wheels will fit them but is the shaft long enough to fit wider rims would be the question to ask. My only suggestion is buy a set at the LHS and see if they fit. Do not destroy the package because you might have to return them.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVPROFIL=&FVSEARCH=<b>wheels</b>+hex+<b>12mm</b>

So might be able to use other 2.2 wider tires and wheels on this for the rear but you will have to do some research on the front tire if you want thinner rims on this it all about the bearing size.

Yup can see why others did not respond to this post.

Last edited:
Back