My biggest folly went into the trashcan today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The HPI Savage Octane. My most expensive RC and it never worked once. I did get to drive it around running dead rich at 5 miles an hour lots of times. Mine came from Tower Hobbies as an open box deal with no warranty. They said it works fine. No compression so I fixed it. Every engine I made failed during the break in. There was a C clip that held the piston pin in. It would come out and eat the rings, score the liner and break the piston.
Today I stripped it and then pitched it.
Feels good.

The HPI Savage Octane. My most expensive RC and it never worked once. I did get to drive it around running dead rich at 5 miles an hour lots of times. Mine came from Tower Hobbies as an open box deal with no warranty. They said it works fine. No compression so I fixed it. Every engine I made failed during the break in. There was a C clip that held the piston pin in. It would come out and eat the rings, score the liner and break the piston.
Today I stripped it and then pitched it.
Feels good.
You pitched the whole car or just the engine? If you're gonna pitch the whole car then Id pay for shipping just to tinker with it :)

@WVNed I've had experiences like that, where it's more of a relief to get rid of it, than to keep it. I usually just give them away, but I completely understand!

You pitched the whole car or just the engine? If you're gonna pitch the whole car then Id pay for shipping just to tinker with it :)
I stripped the electronics and wheels. But it's huge and smells of gas even after sitting for years.
I debated putting a nitro in it but just got tired of fooling with it. It's so big and heavy even an LRP ZR32 wouldn't make it exciting. I already have a ZR32
but got tired of the effort. None of the chassis is common to the other savages.
Maybe if I didn't like you I would send it to you.

Maybe if I didn't like you I would send it to you.
5fbfe0c9a3563f808a88c66bc93443bd.jpg

Convert that bad boy to electric my dude! I thought you threw the whole kit out. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" lol

I just got my first electric and I assure I am not spending another penny on the Octane.
I did pitch the whole thing except the Big Joes and the servos and receiver. You are ruining my ultimate revenge scenario by asking me for it.
Shame on you.

I just got my first electric and I assure I am not spending another penny on the Octane.
I did pitch the whole thing except the Big Joes and the servos and receiver. You are ruining my ultimate revenge scenario by asking me for it.
Shame on you.
LOL, I just hate to see it go to waste if it can be converted to nitro or electric but I dont want to ruin your ultimate revenge scenario. lol

Back