My 3 Nitros...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affliction

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
100_0587.jpg

100_0592.jpg

The blue one is my HPI, and white is the TC3. Both of those need motors and parts for a small rebuild. The green one I'm trying to look into possibly getting a bit more travel out of the suspension to allow it to sit higher with out having to change tire size and gears. As of now the engine is strong, i wouldn't mind getting a larger one. But, my neighbers hate me all ready as they thought i used it to chase a stray cat....It just so happened since it don't have reverse I had to turn in a yard, with a cat in it...i thought it was funny, cat thought it was messed up, neighbers think I'm a A-hole.

Any Ideas on how to get the travel or lift I need with out a hugh compermise? Id also like to know if most parts for the HPI and TC3 are the same as pretty much anything else. Just wanna do a tare down and get it cleaned up, and rebuild them as I wait for the new .18's. My LHS isn't a real fare priced place, so online is best. NOt to mention they gave me attitude for telling them i was just gonna do the HPI exchange program insted of buying from them.

Taller tires and lower gearing is your best bet for gaining ground clearance. Changing the suspension geometry(taller shocks, spacers on the shocks, ect...) puts more stress on the dog bones and wears them out a lot faster. They may even fall out. Not to mention that it ruins the vehicles handling. How well built your vehicle is determines how big you can go with tires. Some 2.2 mt tires would be as big as I would go on that rig. Looks like you would need zero back spacing on the wheels(or really slight) to clear the chassis. A stronger steering servo may be in order as well. I'd start with a clutch bell that has 2 fewer teeth than your running now. Watch the temps close until you know what to expect.

Not sure you can find 2.2 MT tires that will work on 1/8 buggy wheels or 17mm hex 2.2" rims... Don't bother trying normal MT tires with axle adapters. You won't be able to gear down enough without buying a bigger center spur and raising the center diff some to clear the chassis. I tried. Failed. Wasted time and $. Even with it geared right, the chassis is so short and light that the rotating mass of MT tires makes it ridiculously unstable. Especially when in flight.

Back