My 1:1 Jeep JKU over time build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird thing its actually gone up a little bit. With the programmer i use, i adjusted the computer to accept the new sized wheels and with the smaller wheels i was sitting at 2500rpm at 75mph, with the new wheels, its sitting right at 2100 at 75. Was getting 17.5 - 18 mpg. was getting 18-19 with new.

But i dont really drive it much anyway, so it wouldnt matter either way. I've had it for 16 months and its only got 9500 miles on it.

Bigger wheels mean more of a load to get it going, since it is actually raising the gearing. However, it also means less RPMs in a given distance equaling better mileage. A mechanical speedometer and odometer would also give you a false reading. You might want to check it with a GPS.

Your mileage may vary. :D

Bigger wheels mean more of a load to get it going, since it is actually raising the gearing. However, it also means less RPMs in a given distance equaling better mileage. A mechanical speedometer and odometer would also give you a false reading. You might want to check it with a GPS.

Your mileage may vary. :D

There is nothing mechanical on a modern day rig :D

The speedo and odometer just display what the computer tells them too.

Yea i used a Pro-Cal module by American Expedition Vehicles to adjust the tire size in the computer. It automatically adjusts the speedometer, odometer, and shift points. I also used it to turn off the TPMS Sensors because I refused to pay the $175 to have them put into the new tires. All speeds adjusted were verified with GPS.

When i got the jeep, I went with the max tow package with 3:73 gearing, so coupled with the new motor and 5spd tranny, I'm not hurting in the power department.

I also use the procal module to increase the engine idle when out on the trails to help with winching then bring it back down to stock when ready to leave.

I need to get a programmer for my truck!

So, if I understand this, you're operating it with at least a 6 channel computerized radio. Times sure have changed since I pushed my car around while on my knees. :D

So, if I understand this, you're operating it with at least a 6 channel computerized radio. Times sure have changed since I pushed my car around while on my knees. :D

somethings are too easy, I'll leave this one alone. :D

thats great, good for you. but it needs some black pin striping.

My JK had the towing package but had the 3.55 gearing. Always got over 22 mpg.

2dr or 4dr?

2007 2-door Sahara. My SCX-10 is kind of a tribute to it.

Yea. 2dr have much less weight.

Awesome looking truck Alpine, indeed that looks SHARP!! Been awhile since I have checked up in here but its coming along very nice. can't wait to see those shoes covered in Rolex's arch nemasis,MUD!!!

Been a while but haven't done too much to her. House and wedding on the way, budget is TIGHT! Got a buddy's old stock fenders, and comp cut them front and rear.

null_zps0ca78765.jpg

null_zps98821eb0.jpg

null_zps2fdb34ed.jpg

null_zps2ff204f7.jpg

Hell yeah, that looks way better and way cheaper than the metal ones lol.

Been a while since I've updated this. Not too much has been done. I upgraded the lift to the Rock Krawler max travel 3.5 inch coils and with this height had to replace the front drive shaft, so I went with a 2014 custom made Adams front deive shaft with upgraded joints. I also had to swap out the 4 ft fire stick CB antenna with a 3.5 ft so I could fit in the garage.

We had our first nice day in months here last weekend so I stripped her down and got a good shot.

BFFFCDFD-DF86-4B18-A27E-5CD7557D70F4_zpsj96fdab5.jpg

Previous 2.5 RK coils

24e1f828fbe7cec7c7348448bd2e5ffc_zps1a9e8949.jpg

Current 3.5 RK coils

19159586-8CAD-4349-99F3-117AA5BD39E1_zpsr7ow1rby.jpg

One of the elders in my community has this exact jeep.....it hardly look this good though.

Built like mine?

Elders? You Indian? Feather not dot.

Stock unless you count the eagle feather hanging from his rear view.

Ya, I'm native, Cree actually.

Back