My 1:1 Jeep JKU over time build.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
As the title states, this build is going to be going on over a long time. I forget how much 1:1 stuff costs these days. Imma update this thread as I get stuff for my jeep. With the prices n stuff of upgrades I'm adding.

Started as a stock 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited.

29694c2c.jpg

In the first week I changed out all 4 stock speakers to pioneer three ways, added 4 grab handles to the roll bar front and back, fire extinguisher and mount for rear roll cage, 20,000 lb tow strap.

Went from the crappy steel wheels and "A/T" tires to some 2012 rubicon satin wheels with BFG M/T's in 32 inch

19e01daa.jpg

All 5 including spare.

15ed7352.jpg

First time getting a lil dirty:

Followed an 05 F-150 with 11 inches of lift sitting on 39's, which got stuck. I never even left 2wd. :)

d0d9f668.jpg

I added the mirror relocation kit to take the mirrors off of the doors, and onto the body of the jeep, for when I run her with no doors, I can see. I also got the AEV Procal module to adjust my shift points and correct my speedometer to compensate for the larger tires.

f775d3c2.jpg

Got some really nice KC fog lights with the windshield bracket. Damn these things are bright!

1ad70927.jpg

Jeep upgrades: as of 07/24/2012

$1100 wheels and tires
$89 grab handles, fire extinguisher and mount
$150 tower/dash speakers
$91 strap and mirror relocation
$162 AEV Procal
$456.63 bumper
$181.65 bumper extensions
$340 8k winch
$266 Smittybilt rock rails
$243.51 KC lights and mounts
$457 spacer lift (2.5 inch blocks, exhaust spacers, and JKS Quick swaybar Disconnects
$50 Shocks (up to 4 inches of lift)
$156 Stubby ends for the bumper (Took off full sized ends as they kept getting caught on the rocks)
$120 Tree saver strap, Shackles (2), auto tire deflator, snatch block
$320 tinted Soft windows and all windows on doors tinted.
$115 for CB and firestick antenna.
$225 for new 3inch coil lift. Gave MUCH MUCH better stance.
I've gotten SERIOUSLY Discounted parts on 75% of the things added. Louisiana has a great Jeep Community.

Last edited:
Looking good so far. Sad that I live places so temporary, I would like to have me a project vehicle. Some day when I finally settle down some where it can happen...lol

If only it wasn't 4 door :(. Good call on the rims tho always like the 5 bars.

Did you trade in the super duty for this?

Sold the super duty. The dealership wanted to give me less than 9k for it. Screw that! I sold it for 16k. I've had 2dr vehicles in the past, and vowed to never own one again. Just too much of a pain in the ass. Plus, with the 4th, there is so much more storage room, larger fuel tank. And it's actually more capable off road.

Great looking jeep, I love the 4 doors! Whats next on the mod list?

I wonder what genius engineer decided it wad a good idea to mount mirrors on a removable door. Good idea Skippy...

Nice ride! I have a 93 Cherokee Sport myself I bought it from my sister last winter for 500 bucks. I love it! It's got the 4.0 HO inline 6. It's got 239,000 miles on it but it still purrs like a kitten and everything still works. The criuse control, the AC,4wd, hell even the damn cigarette lighter still works. I'm amazed because it has that many miles on it and the check engine light still hasn't come on and when you step on it it will still set you back in the seat.

Next on the list:

Rubber mats for floor and cargo area
Stubby front bumper
Winch with synthetic line
Level kit (not gonna lift till these tires wear out, or the warranty is done.)
Rear bumper
Spare tire carrier
Snorkel (whenever quadretec decides to freaking carry them)
Windshield mounted off road lights.
Bumper mounted off road lights
Aftermarket headlights of some sort.
Headlight/taillight cages
Chopped fenders

Open for suggestions.

Suspension Seats? A REAL roll cage? Rock Sliders? Bikini Top? Fuzzy dice for the interior mirror?

No sliders, but got the rock rails. They came in yesterday. Will update thread when I put them on. Been debating on a bikini top, but the stock one is just so easy. What's a suspension seat?

Nice I just sold this
IMG_20111005_191111.jpg

It's a 92 8 1/2" lift on 35" BFG m/t locked front and rear Yukon axles.

Chris, that thing is pretty wicked. I couldn't imagine my dd like that though.

Suspension seats use shock cord instead of springs and help cushion hard shocks as well as being able to use 5-point harnesses to keep you in the seats offroad. Here are some that I've heard are pretty good:

http://www.mastercraftsafety.com/rubicon.php

Ahh. I got ya. I'm not going to do too much with the interior. It was totally revamped last year and is really really nice inside. Like almost too nice for a wrangler. Lol

My '07 JK was really nice inside, too. It had everything but the nav system and lockers.

Got the rock rails on today. Easy install. Also took off the ugly ass SPORT stickers.

79b037a6.jpg

Looking good my friend very nice look for sure

Damn, you paid $1100 for those wheels and tires! They look good but wow thats a lotta money for wheels and tires. I'm really liking those rock rails on the side though, now you just need bucket lights and it'll look like a true scaler!

Being that the wheels are well over $200 each, and the tires are almost $300 each, I think a complete set of 5 for $1000, ($100 to break down, and put pressure sensors, and balance all 5) is a pretty good price.

Back