must get things

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyd

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone. what are the must get things to make a maxx durable as possible and make a preety good racer? i am saving up tp get one and i am thinking of racing for the first time.

You might get flamed on this thread... there are a ton of maxx upgrade threads out there already. The t-maxx may be old news since the revo came out, but you can find a lot of info on it.

I've never raced and I never intend on racing...

What have you done so far to it? I would do the following:
1) First off, leave it small block
2) RPM arms
3) Pro-line or UE servo saver for steering
4) RPM axle carriers w/enlarged bearings
5) 4 buggy shocks instead of 8 maxx shocks
6) FOC
7) Good Bulks
8) Pull starter
9) RC-Solutions spring steel skids

thanks. i completely forgot to do a search.

i searched and got some answers.

Was one of them, "forget saving up for a T-Maxx, get a Revo instead"? Trust me, man. You will end up spending more on a T-Maxx just to keep it running then you would on a Revo stock. Add to that hop-ups (such as Olds pointed out) and you're throwing good money after bad.

If you're close to having enough for a T-Maxx, save a bit more and get yourself a Revo. You'll be happier in the long run.

monkey i am close to getting a used maxx (200). i dout anyone is selling a revo for a price anyware near that close. dont get me wrong i really want a revo. if a find a used one for a good price then i will go there. i dont care if its missing a mill.

Last edited:
I would buy the maxx since it's in your price range but I wouldn't get it with racing in mind. I would have some fun with it for now but use it to trade up when your doing better later on.

Ray

yeah i dont want to race now after realizing what out now. it would be a slaughter. and it would be my first time at a track. that would suck.

Hey man, you still have that MT, right? So it's not like you have nothing. I'm merely suggesting, rather than hurry up to simply add to your stable, save a few more dollars and get something like a Savy or Revo. You'll be happier in the long run.

I agree with MW... you can find savage rollers around for $150-$200. You would need to supply the engine/electronics of course. But it would be a better basher than a t-maxx.

I found that revo rollers are hard to come buy still under $300. Even if you do get a roller @ $300, you still need an engine and electronics... and normally a body. So your still at the $450-$500 mark by the time your done.

I bought my revo for $350 shipped with all electronics, RPM arms and aluminum shock ends. It was fully complete. The only bad thing was I bought it with a suspected dead engine, but I knew that going into it. I ended up getting lucky though... I completely tore then engine down and cleaned it, re-installed and it ran just fine. I've run a about a gallon through it since I got it and it still runs well.

I bought mine off a forum member here.

yeah i still have the mt. i am planning on puting some of the mt2 suspension parts on it and a new o.s mill and i if i can find a 2 speed that also. yeah i guess your right. i saw most of the maxxes yesterday while looking for some info. i saw eddies 2500 dollor maxx. and that was crazy. then i saw someones twin nrs4 mt and that was cool.