Motorcycle job done

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigtheone

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my FZS 600 carb to head rubbers were absolutely cracked to hell and sucking unmetered air in after the carbs, making it run lean and lumpy.
I proceeded to buy a set of cheap new ones on eBay, and when they came one I noticed the part numbers seemed to be sided (two had L two had R... seems simple?)
Now this job is one of the most fiddly I had ever done due to the fact I just loosened the air box and clips on the carb fronts and slid the lot back giving me about 15 mm of room, and the inner two sets of bolts were an absolute fcuking nightmare to reach!
Once I got the old ones off I swapped over the clips etc and noticed that the part numbers on my new ones were labelled opposite (the L was on the matching right pair and the R was on the matching left pair 🤦‍♂️😂)
But everything else matched so I crossed my fingers and fitted them L to right side and R to left side, half expecting it to be wrong somehow and having to redo the job again!!!
Luckily when all was refitted, I’d made the right choice and it went back together great!!
So glad I did this job too as one of the inner rubbers has been fitted wrong previously with the lip being pushed in and the clip fastened over it-this must have been running quite lean on this cylinder so I may have gotten lucky!
All in all glad to be finished and hoping she rides a bit better next time I’m out!
Included a few pics of the old rubbers and the difference in part numbers between two matching ones (new and old) 🤘🤪

5CE41A20-150B-46A4-8769-326B7CDB8335.jpeg
F724AEB9-2DCA-450C-AA99-EE154FF899C7.jpeg
790E0A4F-1470-44F5-A189-176E435B25F5.jpeg
FB090DD8-438E-4148-B099-C5E8E5770233.jpeg
image.jpg

Had the same problem on a '78 Yamaha XL 1100. It ran like a raped ape after we changed the intake tubes.

Those are definitely in need of replacing :)
Without a doubt bud they were absolutely shot!
Had the same problem on a '78 Yamaha XL 1100. It ran like a raped ape after we changed the intake tubes.
I like that one haven’t heard it before, gonna drop that in somewhere for definite!!! 😂😂😂

Without a doubt bud they were absolutely shot!

I like that one haven’t heard it before, gonna drop that in somewhere for definite!!! 😂😂😂
I traded a broken down 67 Chevelle SS for it. After about 2 month's time I got rid of the bike. I was going to kill myself on it. I couldn't not take it up to 140+mph every chance I got, and I had a couple very close calls. So she had to go.

I've often wondered exactly how a raped ape would run. Would he have fear in his eyes, looking back over his shoulder every few seconds so see if the rapist was following him? 🤣 🤣 🤣

I traded a broken down 67 Chevelle SS for it. After about 2 month's time I got rid of the bike. I was going to kill myself on it. I couldn't not take it up to 140+mph every chance I got, and I had a couple very close calls. So she had to go.
I know the feeling bud but I’m not ready to get rid yet haha! I actually traded a bmw 320d for mine haha
I nearly dropped it once due to the forks being almost empty of oil and covering the brakes with oil, that’s sorted now with new fork seals tho!
If I don’t put some r6 USD forks and seat/tail fairings on her I’ll probably try to swap for an enduro style bike so I can go off road with her, but for now she’s staying haha
I've often wondered exactly how a raped ape would run. Would he have fear in his eyes, looking back over his shoulder every few seconds so see if the rapist was following him? 🤣 🤣 🤣
Maybe he would be chasing the rapist with anger and tears in his eyes 😂😂😂

Back